Tax Technology All Levels - Senior Consultant, Manager, Senior Manager, Director, Principal
Company: Ryan, LLC
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Ryan is seeking Tax Technology Talent at all levels - Senior
Consultant, Manager, Senior Manager, Director, Managing Director
and Principal, throughout the US and United Kingdom. Your location
is not a factor.
This job description is for a Director level; but, if you have one
or more years of Tax Technology experience in public accounting and
an interest in working for Ryan LLC, we are interested in seeing
your background and ask you to submit your resume.
The Director, Tax Technology is responsible for a Practice revenue
target, as well as building and managing a team of tax technology
They will lead and/or manage project scope, tasks, project teams,
timelines, budgets, and resource allocation; and prepares and
reviews deliverables in connection with client service. The
Director oversees the team that is responsible for functional and
technical direction of projects, including on-time and on-budget
delivery of tax technology project tasks, such as detail
requirements analysis, process design and configuration,
deliverables, and installation and implementation of
enterprise-class tax automation software and related processes. The
Director also maintains and supports existing partnerships, client
relationships, and provides technical leadership and guidance to
his/her team and clients on project status and adherence to
timeline and budget. The Director also assists with business
development activities by preparing proposals, engagement
agreements, and participating in calls and onsite meetings.Duties
and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan's Key Results
- Provides mentorship and training to staff as needed.
- Provides project management support to client service teams and
- Develops client workplans and schedules associated with project
- Manages processes to track adherence to project timelines and
budgets that enable Ryan to notify clients should any material
variances be identified or predicted.
- Reviews and distributes project status reports to all project
- Reviews templates and formats specifications for project
deliverables for client review and approval.
- Processes performed for tax determination and works with the
team and clients to help review, define, and document existing
transaction tax processes.
- Reviews client deliverable documentation, including creating,
composing, and editing written materials.
- Assists with client billing and financial forecasting.
- Assists with Tax Technology business development activities
(e.g., preparation of proposals and engagement agreements, and
attending prospect calls and meetings).
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of projects.
- Defines project success criteria and creates the metrics to
enable them to be measured.
- Creates, maintains, and executes communication plans and
- Reviews, maintains, and executes project escalation and
- Reviews documentation created by the project team, confirming
business and system .
- Provides project management support to the delivery team as
they configure tax automation software solutions and assumes
responsibility for day-to-day project management duties.
- Creates and executes project workplans and enforces proper
methodology and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or Master's degree from a four-year college or
university and a minimum of five to seven years of experience
providing tax automation services is required. Accounting, Tax, or
Information Technology degrees are desirable. Certified Public
Accountant designation is a plus. Project Management Professional
(PMP) certified is preferred. Understanding of Software development
lifecycles are a plus (SDLC, Agile, etc.). Deep knowledge of the
software solutions is required, either Sabrix, Vertex, and/or
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have
intermediate knowledge of Microsoft-- Word, Access, Excel,
PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft-- Project, Outlook, and Internet
navigation and research. Hands-on experience with transaction tax
integration touch points with a major enterprise resource planning
(ERP) system, such as Oracle, JDE, PeopleSoft, or SAP, is
preferred. Experience with Vertex, Sabrix, Taxware, or other tax
software is highly desirable.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license required. PMP is a plus.
This position requires supervisory responsibilities.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all
levels of the Firm and interface with multiple external vendors and
clients as necessary.
- Independent travel requirement: 50%+.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Keywords: Ryan, LLC, Jacksonville , Tax Technology All Levels - Senior Consultant, Manager, Senior Manager, Director, Principal, Accounting, Auditing , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!