Company: Autoscribe Corporation
Posted on: April 9, 2021
PRINCIPALS ONLY, PLEASE
Make a difference - put your talent and creativity to use and see
Top talent sought. Autoscribe Corporation, provider of
PaymentVision gateway services and Lyons Commercial Data, is a
leading financial services company and payment processor currently
processing more than $2 billion transactions annually and servicing
thousands of financial institutions and corporate billers across
the nation. Founded thirty years ago, and with a reputation of
pioneering and innovation, our company develops leading-edge
financial applications that are among the most advanced in the
Benefits of working at Autoscribe include medical, dental, vision,
life, and long-term disability insurance among others as well as
401(K) plan, paid-time off, and a flexible work schedule.
Throughout our history, Autoscribe has enjoyed a track record of
consistent growth, creating a stable work environment made possible
by our broad and diversified loyal customer base ranging commercial
to government and municipal clients.
Applicants currently being considered for our Jacksonville, Florida
or Gaithersburg, Maryland offices.
Position: Corporate Controller
The Corporate Controller is dedicated to the timely and accurate
execution of company Financial and Management Reporting with
specific focus on the quality of underlying data. The Corporate
Controller will also oversee the timely and accurate completion of
the Month End Close cycle. This role is also responsible for the
effective support of other departments in the organizations as it
relates to Accounting and Finance processes and information.
This role requires strong attention detail, self-organization,
advanced analytical and financial systems, staff management and
issues resolution skills. A process improvement focused mindset is
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage Month End Close Process and Reporting
- Coordinate the closing activities of contributing team
resources to ensure the effective and timely completion of month
end close inclusive of adjusting and correcting entries.
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations as assigned as
part of month end close to identify and resolve issues. Ensure
documentation is compliant with Accounting policy. Identify system
or business process related issues through reconciliation oversight
and facilitate resolution or escalate to leadership.
- Review and approve Journal Entry and systematic postings to the
- Review and approve periodic subledger to GL reconciliations for
internal control validation of data.
- Review all Control Reports required as part of the end-to-end
ensuring the accurate flow of data and validating points of
integration. Escalate issues identified in the event of delayed
- Identify system or business process related issues through
reconciliation oversight and facilitate resolution or escalate to
- Prepare periodic Financial and Management reporting and
analysis to include Profit & Loss, Margin Analysis, Valuation and
Actual to Budget Comparison for leadership review and approval.
Prepare commentary as required to support report results.
- Supervise Fixed Asset administration, reporting and
- Support Commissions and Incentive distribution processes.
- Manage and submit Audit and Tax Filings to deliverable
- Maintain Accounting and Finance timetable and annual calendar
to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Address Payroll and HR related requests and enquiries.
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure strong internal controls
are achieved for Accounting and Finance processes and data.
- Prepare ad hoc reports, analysis and address information
requests as needed.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize function documentation and SOPs.
Ensure the Corporate Accounting Manual is kept current and
accounting policy are complete relevant and achieve required
- General Accounting Department and Ad Hoc Request Support
- Support maintenance of the Accounting & Finance department
- Support Accounting Helpdesk Inbox and incoming calls.
- Field ad hoc requests for accounting information and data
analysis as required.Core Competencies
Intelligence: Demonstrates ability to acquire understanding and
absorb new information rapidly. A "quick study". This competency
reflects neither motivation to learn nor willingness to accept
change; rather, it reflects the intellectual capacity that, when
combined with motivation, results in learning.
Analysis Skills: Identifies significant problems and opportunities.
Analyzes problems in depth. Relates and compares data from
different sources. Sorts the "wheat from the chaff," determining
root causes and subtle relationships among data from various
sources. Exhibits a probing mind. Achieves penetrating
Organization/Planning: Plans, organizes schedules, and budgets time
in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities,
effectively juggles multiple projects. Anticipates reasonable
contingencies. Pays appropriate attention to detail. Manages
personal time well.
Judgment/Decision Making: Demonstrates consistent logic,
rationality, and objectivity in decision making Achieves balance
between quick decisiveness and slower, more thorough approaches,
i.e., is neither indecisive nor a hip shooter. Shows common sense.
Anticipates consequences of decisions.
Adaptability: Flexes to new pressures from competition, loss of
talent, new priorities. Converts high self-objectivity into
self-correction and personal improvement. Not rigid-intellectually,
emotionally, interpersonally. Adjusts quickly to changing
priorities. Copes effectively with complexity.
Excellence: Sets high, "stretch" standards of performance for self
and all co-workers. Demonstrates low tolerance for mediocrity.
Requires high-quality results. Exhibits conscientiousness and high
sense of responsibility.
Stress Management: Maintains stable performance and poise under
heavy pressure from Corporate ("must make your numbers"), time (too
little), unions (threat of strike), customers (dissatisfied).
Team Builder: Achieves cohesive, effective (positive, mutually
supportive) "team spirit" with subordinates. Team "climate"
characterized by open, honest relationships in which differences
are constructively resolved rather than ignored, suppressed, or
denied. Treats subordinates fairly. Shares credit.
Conflict Management: Exhibits understanding of natural sources of
conflict and acts to prevent or soften them. When conflicts emerge,
effectively works them through to optimum outcome. Does not
suppress, ignore, deny conflict.
Communications: Communicates effectively one to one, in small
groups and in public -speaking contexts. Demonstrates fluency,
"quickness on one's feet," clarify organization o thought
processes, and command of the language. Easily articulates vision
and standards. Keeps people informed. Writes clear, precise,
well-organized e-mails, memos, letters, and proposals while using
appropriate vocabulary, grammar, and word usage, and creating the
appropriate "flavor. "
This position will manage permanent full-time staff. This
position's responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and
training employees; planning, assigning and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally loud/moderate noisePosition Type and Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday
through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. This position may require
long hours and weekend work dependent on timely delivery of work
product and deliverables.
Travel: This position requires no ongoing travel. Travel for team
meetings or training may be requested as required by the
Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA Certification preferred
- Certifications work in progress will be considered
- Minimum 10+ years progressive Accounting and Finance experience
- Minimum 5 years progressive supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Accounting Operations, GAAP,
Financial Systems, Data Modeling and MS Excel requiredOther Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Autoscribe Corporation, Jacksonville , Corporate Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!