Medical Coding and Billing Specialist
Company: 001-Dialysis Clinic, Inc.-Nashville, TN- Corporate
Posted on: June 24, 2022
This position will be part of our speacialty practice team at
Nephrology Consultants of Jacksonville. - This is a group of highly
trained specialists in the field of nephrology and hypertension
with many years of experience in the Jacksonville community. - We
guide and care for people through the entire spectrum of kidney
disease in a professional, compassionate and loving manner. -
Nephrology Consultants partners with Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) to
provide an integrated approach to the highest quality of dialysis
care. - -Founded in 1971, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) remains the
nation's largest non-profit dialysis provider. With a team of
approximately 5,000 talented and caring employees serving across
the United States, DCI provides care to nearly 15,000 patients on
dialysis and 3,500 patients with chronic kidney disease. Each
position within DCI, from billers to administrators to nursing
staff, contributes toward the goal of providing excellent patient
care. -The Medical Coding and Billing Specialist is responsible for
timely and accurate billing/collection of all patient charges for
the Nephrology Practice Department as assigned.
- Responsible for reviewing, researching, coding, and generating
- Completes and verifies ICD-10 coding for all Out-of-Office
charges. Enters demographics, verifies insurance and enters charges
timely and accurately to insure clean claim submission.
- Advises reception staff of need for updated demographics and
acquires same from outside sources.
- Captures, reconciles, posts, and submits charges by creating,
reviewing, and sending billing form.
- Communicates with providers regarding need for charge
- Communicates with clinical office staff and accesses hospital
information to get records when needed to support claims.
- Transmits electronic claims, retrieves reports, and verifies
transmission and receipt by clearing house and payer.
- Runs reports of pending claims and reviews according to
schedule and performs follow-up. Releases pending claims to patient
responsibility per EOB's and payment advisories.
- Responds to written, phone, and electronic inquiries from
patients and payers regarding claims and files secondary
- Prints and mails statements, performs collection calls, manages
financial need determinations, and sets up payment plans where
- Prepares letters of appeal on payment denials or insufficient
- Maintains a working knowledge of payer systems and
- Notifies appropriate supervisor(s) of issues with provider's
participation with payers and / or credentialing status.
- High School education, with additional business school or
computer training required.
- Three years' experience working with medical claims on an
electronic basis is required.
- Experience Coding & Billing for a Nephrology office
- Direct customer service experience helpful.
- Completion of Medical Billing & Coding training preferred -
Certification preferred, but not required
- EMR/PM experience a must, eClinical Works knowledge desired,
EMR/PM system-specific -training will be provided by the EMR
vendor. -DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities. - If you are having difficulty using the online
application system or would like to request other accommodations or
application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at - -or
615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a
discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation
can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations
where possible. -For more information about equal opportunity
please see: - -;;; and.
Keywords: 001-Dialysis Clinic, Inc.-Nashville, TN- Corporate, Jacksonville , Medical Coding and Billing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!