Operational Risk Officer - C13
Posted on: November 25, 2022
This role will be part of the Private Banking and Wealth Management
Technology (PBWMT) team reporting to the PBWMT Tech Head for North
America. The risk lead is responsible for managing a portfolio of
risk programs supporting North America and Global Functions. This
role is part of the team responsible for the business risk
inclusive of: the identification, management and mitigation
strategies and execution. The role will support the compliance to
Citi's internal policies, processes, and controls and compliance to
external regulations while proactively evaluating the existing
control environment for enhancement opportunities.
The Operational Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays
abreast of developments within own field and contributes to
directional strategy by considering their application in own job
and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within
the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed
communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide,
influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other
areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the
area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel
related to the technology or operations of the business.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk
policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create
lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal
processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Independently assess' risks and drive actions to address the
root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by
challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to)
technology operational risk, for example: Cyber Security, Strategy,
Architecture, Program & Project Management, etc.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for Issues and Treatment
Management (KPI/KRI/Corrective Action Plans)
- Analyzes a multitude of scorecards/performance management tools
in an attempt to mitigate exposure (risk/financial/regulatory)
- Monitors goals are met through performance, risk and
relationship oversight of our extended supply chain
- Collaborates to resolve any issues which fall within the terms
of the contract.
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users
and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver customer
requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in consumer banking systems
and technology processes and leverages this knowledge to provide
advice and work with partners to drive proactive engagement /
forward looking risk management on highest risk priorities in an
effective and efficient manner.
- Identifies key risk indicators and works with the business on
development and challenges business to ensure the correct measures
- Leads and performs risk assessments to deep dive into
processes, risks and controls.
- Manages Audit/Regulatory engagements including coordination,
communications, and required actions with management committees,
internal auditors, external auditors, regulators and other internal
stakeholders as appropriate. Manages audit activities and supports
the business during audits in ensuring the appropriate risks are
reported and actions rectify the risks.
- Proactively advances use of data analytics for analysis of
control issues and emerging risks.
- Possess forward compatible mindset and embraces changes taking
upon oneself to drive enhancements in processes within CBORC Tech
region and global.
- Promotes the professional development of self and others in the
team. Proactive in sharing among team and takes opportunity to
coach junior staff.
- Proposes innovative and pragmatic solutions for risk and
control issues with stakeholders. Qualifications:
- Expectation is to be within a commutable distance from the job
location as Citi is on a hybrid work schedule.
- 6+ years relevant experience
- Strong recent technology background with a focus on risk
management and/or experience in software development
- Strong background and experience in identifying and managing
data management, governance and operational risks (e.g. data
warehouse, big data, encryption and trust techniques)
- Strong background in key digital enabling and transformation
technologies (Cloud Storage, Artificial Intelligence, Amazon,
- Significant experience in Technology Risk is a must. Other risk
and control disciplines would be a plus - credit, market.
- Experience in Internal Audit or Financial Control would be a
- Expertise in the following would be beneficial: Fraud
Awareness, Operations and Systems Losses, Information or Cyber
Security, Vendor/Outsourcing Management and Legal and Regulatory
Compliance Management of a global operations and a complex
environment that includes global teams).
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology
application control disciplines and a solid business understanding
of consumer banking systems, digital channels and products as well
as technology processes relating to development and support of
these types of systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of technology and consumer banking
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises'
approach in communicating control issues and strength in sustaining
- This individual must be an articulate and effective
communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic,
charismatic and approachable style.
- Hold high integrity values and demonstrable challenge to
stakeholders despite pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of
- Strong team player who is actively committed to personal
development, active team contribution/knowledge sharing and
identifying improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and
sensitivity to cultural diversity. Education:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
- Related certifications (CISA, CISSP, CISLP, CIA, CPA, ACA, CFA
or similar) are a plus. -
Job Family Group:
Risk Management -
Irving Texas United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$106,630.00 - $159,940.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful
applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto
Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Jacksonville , Operational Risk Officer - C13, Accounting, Auditing , Bryceville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!