Posted on: September 11, 2023
Vaco is hiring for an Accounting Assistant in Jacksonville,
Florida. - This is a contract to hire role that offers 1 day/week
Responsible for providing primary office/multiple facility
offices/finance/property management services. - This includes
organizing, coordinating and approval of the financial operations
of A/R, A/P, maintaining office services and financial services
with efficiency, and maintaining office and financial records.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval
prior to payment.
- Prints and obtains signatures on all account payable
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Acts as liaison between corporate and branch accounts payable
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, and
corporate accounts payable files.
- Assists Corporate Financial Officers and branch personnel, as
- Assembles and processes overnight shipments to
- Assists with monthly closings.
- Performs filing and coping.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares 1096/1099s.
- Apply customer payments.
- Research and solve payment discrepancies.
- Adjust accounts as needed.
- Prepare weekly manual deposits / lockbox
- Maintains daily cash/wire log.
- Distributes daily cash reports to facilities.
- Distributes weekly/monthly A/R aging reports.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner,
gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and uses time
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to
ensures quality and applies feedback to improve
- Meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely
- Adaptability to changes in the work environment, manages
competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions,
responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Able to work with a diverse group of people.
- Able to handle high volume workload.
Keywords: Virtual, Jacksonville , Accounting Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!