Company: Halifax Hospital Medical Center
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: November 14, 2019
OverviewHalifax Health is seeking a Senior Auditor for the Internal
Audit Services Department.SummaryThis individual will assist with
the annual risk assessment, as necessary, to develop the annual
audit plan. Perform independent and/or team internal
audits/projects (i.e. operational, financial, compliance,
information technology) in accordance with the annual audit plan.
Perform investigations and special projects as requested. The
Auditor will prepare appropriate workpaper documentation supporting
the audit work performed and conclusions made andpPrepare verbal
and written communication to management and/or the Audit Committee
on the results of audits/projects completed.Job Qualifications
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related concentration from an
accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 5 years of internal audit and/or public accounting
experience; 2-3 years of healthcare experience preferred.
- Demonstrated history of success in similar positions.
- Self-motivated, high standards, executive presence and
excellent communication skills.
- Relevant professional certification as a CIA, CPA, CFE, or CISA
- Strong knowledge and applicable of auditing techniques.
- Knowledge of the IIA International Standards for the
Professional Practice of Internal auditing and generally accepted
- Working knowledge of electronic audit workpaper solution
preferred (e.g. TeamMate).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to related and adapt to personnel at all levels in the
- Ability to perform work independently and with minimal
- ACL Trained.Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesRISK ASSESSMENT AND
- Displays/uses knowledge of the healthcare industry and how it
relates to the organization to identify needs and/or risks for the
annual risk assessment and development of the annual audit
plan.--Allocates resources to the highest risk activities and make
informed decisions about what problems or issues to address.--
Maintains flexibility in order to address investigations, special
projects, or client needs.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work on multiple
simultaneous projects, as needed.
- Monitors, evaluates, updates, and carries out the annual audit
plan.--Collaborates with the Director of Audit Services for
revisions to the annual audit plan, as appropriate, to accommodate
changes in risk.
- Adjusts audit project scopes and objectives to appropriately
identify risks and address management concerns.-- Effectively
utilizes available resources, such as ACL, to ensure the highest
risk areas are addressed.--QUALITY AUDIT SERVICES:
- Consults, interacts, and creates partnerships with and between
relevant parties.-- Helps decision makers turn ideas into action.--
Conducts effective follow-up on agreed upon action plans that
- Creates, learns, and applies new technologies, analytical and
industry skills, and management techniques to improve work
- Completes audit plans effectively and efficiently - managing
ideas, processes and work steps based on issues and tasks needed to
accomplish audit objectives. Demonstrates ability to focus audit on
relevant issues and the relative risk of each issue, with input
from management as appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to prepare appropriate audit issues
(quantified, when feasible) and specific and meaningful action
plans to improve operations through cost savings, revenue
enhancements and improvements in processes and controls.
Demonstrates ability to gather sufficient and appropriate
- As requested by management and others, provides advice for
establishing and maintaining an effective system of internal
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with management
and governance in order to create a favorable relationship with and
a good understanding of the internal audit function by acting as a
resource and providing information and services that help improve
results, accountability, and management systems, while remaining
independent and objective.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and sensitivity to the organization's
- Creates and maintains a credible and professional image, always
demonstrating ethical behavior.--REPORTING AND ADMINISTRATIVE:
- Provides high-quality written and verbal communication relating
to projects, research and technology that is useful to customers,
the Director of Audit Services and other team members. Envisions,
develops and applies approaches to audit reporting that improve the
quality for report users.
- Demonstrates writing skills that clearly and concisely deliver
the correct message to the target audience and generates work
products that do not require significant rework.
- Performs special projects and other general administrative
tasks as requested by the Director of Audit Services.
- Utilizes technical equipment (computers, telephones,
multi-function devices, video/audio) appropriately in order to more
effectively and efficiently complete audits and administrative
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents, to
respond effectively to highly sensitive inquiries or complaints, to
prepare presentations using original or innovative techniques or
style, to make effective and persuasive presentations on
controversial or complex topics to management, governance, and
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists, to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.About UsHalifax
HealthRecognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key
Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler
counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a
network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community
hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four
outreach locations, the areas largest hospice, a center for
inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in
clinic specializing in womens health, two community clinics, three
childrens medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an
exclusive provider organization.-- Halifax Health offers the areas
only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric
Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and
Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB
Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that
cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks.-- For more information,
Keywords: Halifax Hospital Medical Center, Jacksonville , Senior Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!