Company: Jones Edmunds and Associates
Posted on: June 24, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: The CAD Designer prepares completed layouts for
final product design from simple sketches provided by engineers
using CAD equipment. This position determines scale, performs
complex mathematical calculations, and prepares layouts for
detailing. This individual makes decisions regarding design
suitability using knowledge of specified product materials and
production processes. This position requires thorough knowledge and
accurate use of drafting techniques, engineering terminology, and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Draft design concepts working from limited or general information
provided by a professional engineer, architect, or supervisor.
* Correlate, interpret, and modify data to bridge gaps that occur
when working with limited or general information.
* Masterfully apply CAD software for design.
* Review data received by engineers and analyze information to
determine compliance with standards and design concepts.
* Learn adjust to and apply CAD software advances as
* Understand and develop designs from field notes.
* Reproduce drawing and document packages to fulfill contractual
* Upload, access, store, and retrieve data in accordance with
Quality Program Responsibility
* Assume responsibility for the quality of work submitted. Review
designs and documents before submitting them to the next review
* Responsible for proper quality assurance and quality control on
projects in accordance with the Jones Edmunds Quality Program to
ensure projects meet Company, industry, and client standards and
* Adhere to project deadlines and keep the Supervising Engineer or
Project Manager informed of any difficulties encountered on
* Submit work for quality review on time and in a complete
* Organize, plan, communicate, and prioritize work to meet
deadlines, product quality, and budget.
* Understand the services offered and the client base served by the
* Present a professional and positive image of Jones Edmunds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: AS in Civil Drafting or related field or completion of
full-time or part-time technical program in Civil Drafting/Design,
completing 60 or more credit hours
Experience: 10+ years of progressive drafting experience. Must have
extensive skill and applied knowledge and experience with
Microstation and/or AutoCAD
Other: Extensive applied knowledge and experience with Microstation
and/or AutoCAD, preferably in an engineering consulting
environment. Valid Drivers License with an acceptable MVR
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/AA/DFWP
Jones Edmunds & Associates will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B,
etc.,) to fill this position.
As a condition of employment with Jones Edmunds & Associates any
successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment
background investigation, drug screen and motor vehicle report.
Keywords: Jones Edmunds and Associates, Jacksonville , CAD Designer, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!