CAD Operator (AutoCAD Civil 3D)
Company: Geosyntec Consultants
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Geosyntec is seeking a CAD Operator (AutoCAD Civil 3D) experience
for our Jacksonville, Florida office. The selected candidate will
perform computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) for a variety of
civil and geotechnical engineering design projects. You will have
the opportunity to develop layouts, grading plans, and details for
civil engineering projects, including landfills, industrial sites,
and utilities. Projects also include mechanical drawing systems and
opportunities to contribute from the conceptual design stage
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most
challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources,
and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR as #54 among the Top 500
Design Firms, and with multiple Top 20 ENR rankings in specialty
areas, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical
leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn
more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional
goals? This is a full-time position in a dynamic, fast paced, and
growing work environment. Some of the key responsibilities for the
* Draft, edit & finalize technical drawings and design plans and
details using appropriate and efficient methods and adhering to
Geosyntec drafting standards;
* Understand and visualize overall civil/geotechnical engineering
concepts, such as grading, and translating abstract concepts to
* Proofread CAD drawings for accuracy, format, and grammar;
* Analyze sketches, notes, and other input material to determine
the best approach to complete a drawing set;
* Manage production of drawing sets from creation, markup, and
modification based on overall design;
* Copy detailed plans and drawings and perform non-routine complex
drafting assignments.Operate plotter, printer, scanner, and other
* Work collaboratively with other Geosyntec CADD practitioners to
prepare design drawings and details and reviewing completed work
products to ensure quality; and
* Perform other technical and administrative tasks as required.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals
who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec's culture, as you
advance your career.
* Graduation from an accredited high school, or completion of a GED
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree from accredited university.
* At least 1 year (up to 3 years preferred) of experience
performing CAD drafting work in a professional setting or
equivalent education, experience and training that provides the
requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities including those below.
* Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D. (required)
* Experience developing and working with grading plans,
cross-sections, alignments, profiles, three-dimensional surfaces,
and earthwork volumes for landfills and other large civil design
* Experience with solid waste and stormwater management.
* Experience using/incorporating land or aerial surveying/mapping
data and files. (required)
* Knowledge of civil engineering basics including sheet
organization, topographical data, scales, and coordinate systems.
* Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD and basic knowledge of Word,
Adobe, and Excel. (required)
* Experience with ArcGIS and MicroStation. (preferred)
* Strong reasoning, mathematical, and geometrical skills.
* Ability to work additional hours as needed. (required)
* Valid U.S. driver's license and a satisfactory driving record for
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people
in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills,
communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the
passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals
with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and
growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for
an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding
projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its
employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business
success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn
more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits
package. Learn more by visiting
REQ NO: CADOP02161
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Keywords: Geosyntec Consultants, Jacksonville , CAD Operator (AutoCAD Civil 3D), Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!