Teacher Assistant (3679) **Plus $1500 Recruitment Bonus!
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Posted on: May 16, 2022
#nowhiringTeacher Assistant for Duval Head Start
Located in Jacksonville, FL
Mon - Fri / 40 Hours(3673 & 3679)**Plus $1500 Recruitment Bonus!LSF
is looking for a talented Teacher Assistant who wants to make an
impact in the lives of others.Purpose & Impact:Works as part of a
teaching team in developing activities for preschool children.
Assists the teacher in carrying out the goals, policies, and
activities designed to implement educational objectives and
performance standards. Works with families to promote parent
involvement in the program. May serve as Bus Monitor on activities
where the program transports children. May perform additional
duties based on program needs and areas of developing expertise.
Participates in the HS/EHS Quality Assurance efforts.Essential
- Participates in pre-service training.
- Implement approved curricula in the classroom.
- Perform the functions of this position with a strong
understanding of the Head Start Performance Standards and the
- With the teacher, guide and facilitate activities of the
children, including daily activities, field trips, selecting and
arranging equipment and materials in the classroom.
- Cooperate with other staff and classroom groups to maintain the
smooth functioning of the center, which at times may require
changes to meet the needs of the children.
- Write weekly observations per assessment procedure.
- Use parent conferences to discuss the child's individual
development and progress, assist the parents in developing
observational skills and solicit parent observations.
- Eat with and assist children in the development of social and
self-help skills, and sound nutritional practices.
- If needed, serves as a bus monitor in the transportation of
children and engages children in song and other developmentally
appropriate activities during the ride.
- Guide children's acquisition of social skills.
- Attend staff training and meetings, and board and parent
meetings as requested.
- Assist in providing and maintaining a safe and healthy
developmentally appropriate environment.
- Assists the teacher in ensuring that at least 80% of the
children are kindergarten-ready.
- Assists in quality staff-child interactions resulting in a
CLASS scores greater than the lowest 10% of the threshold in each
- Uses active supervision techniques and maintains positive
- Receives a satisfactory or higher score on the Teacher
Assistant Success Rubric.
- Assists teacher in maintaining a comprehensive and ongoing
portfolio assessment for each child, including weekly observations
in each area, examples of the child's work, and a developmental
- Assists teacher in conducting and using home visits and parent
conferences to discuss the child's individual development and
progress, assist the parents in developing observational skills and
solicit parent observations;
- Assist in conducting the daily health and environment
- Assists in recruiting and orienting volunteers, providing them
with guidance as needed.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to Head
Start/Early Head Start children, families, and staff in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
- Assists the teacher in the completion of required reports.
- Completes timely and accurate timesheets.
- Distributes newsletters, flyers, and other information to
families as instructed by the supervisor.
- Attends all training, workshops, and meetings as deemed
necessary by the supervisor.
- Attends all required staff and parent meetings and
- Performs other duties, as may be
required.QualificationsEducation: Graduation from high school or
possession of a GED Certificate; andRequired: A National Child
Development Associate Credential (CDA) for Preschool Endorsement or
AS/AA in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or related
degree.A National Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) for
Infant/Toddler Endorsement, if applicable; andA Certificate of
Completion of an approved 10 hour Developmentally Appropriate
Practices for Preschoolers or Infant/Toddlers Course; andProof of
successful completion of the following courses: 6 hours Child
Growth and Development; 6 hours Behavioral Observation & Screening;
8 hours Health, Safety & Nutrition; 4 hours Identifying and
Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect; and 6 hours Child Care Facility
Rules and Regulations, or a 30 hour Introductory Child Care
Training Course.Preferred Education:Associate or higher degree from
an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Development
or a related field with 18 credit hours in Early Childhood
Education; and a Certificate of Completion of an approved 10 hour
Developmentally Appropriate Practices for Preschoolers or
Infant/Toddlers Course; and proof of successful completion of the
following courses: 6 hours Child Growth and Development; 6 hours
Behavioral Observation & Screening; 8 hours Health, Safety &
Nutrition; 4 hours Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and
Neglect; and 6 hours Child Care Facility Rules and Regulations, or
a 30 hour Introductory Child Care Training Course and possession of
a National Credential Child Development Associate (CDA) for
Infant/Toddlers or Preschool Endorsement; if applicable. In
addition, all state-mandated courses for the Voluntary
prekindergarten required.Why work for LSF?LSF offers 60 programs
across the state of Florida serving a wide range of populations in
need. Mission Driven staff members become part of the LSF community
while transforming the lives of those in need. Our staff
additionally find growth opportunities as they explore areas of
interest within the organization.Amazing benefits package
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Teledoc (24/7 online access to Doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR
3% student loan repayment reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity and inclusion
in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer.Lutheran Services Florida Children & Head Start
Services3027 San Diego Road, Jacksonville FL 32307EOE/DRUG-FREE
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Jacksonville , Teacher Assistant (3679) **Plus $1500 Recruitment Bonus!, Education / Teaching , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!