Elementary School Teacher
Company: River City Science Academy
Posted on: November 25, 2022
River City Science Academy Mandarin is an "A" rated
high-performing School of Excellence by the Florida Department of
Education and State School of Character by Character.org. Our
campus address is 10911 old Saint Augustine road, Jacksonville, FL
32257. This job position covers second-grade or first-grade class
This is a certified full-time Art teacher position in River City
Science Academy at Mandarin for the 2022-2023 school year. If you
do not have Florida teaching certification, you will be asked to
apply for noncertified positions such as school paraprofessional,
on-call substitute teacher, extended day care teacher, etc.
- Prepare and implement Florida Standards unit and lesson plans
with innovative hands-on and a rigorous student-centered
- Strong understanding and ability to implement school mission
- Understands central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure
of the discipline(s) taught and make the subject matter meaningful
- Develops a climate and culture of openness, fairness, mutual
respect, support and inquiry
- Engages every student in grade level appropriate learning
experiences that promote performance.
- Listens and interacts effectively with students, parents,
colleagues, and community members, respecting diverse
- Demonstrates respect for students, colleagues, administrators,
- Models and reinforces self-discipline and responsibility by
using Florida FEAP standards
- Take an active role in school community outreach.
- Works effectively with school colleagues, parents, and the
community to support students' learning and well-being.
- Understands how students learn and provide learning
opportunities that support diverse learners' intellectual, social,
and personal development.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and secure classroom
- Manages student misconduct promptly and resolves conflict and
- Promotes independent and collaborative work ethic.
- Develops and manages human resources within the classroom by
maintaining a professional development plan and engaging in
professional development activities, recognizing students and
parents' contributions to goal achievement.
- Uses teaching and learning strategies that reflect each
student's culture, learning styles, special needs, and
- Seeks resources necessary to achieve classroom and school
goals, such as; course materials matching students' reading
- Uses classroom processes that support effective teaching and
learning to promote high student achievement, designing lessons to
promote all students engaged in learning all the time through such
strategies as active learning, hands-on application, and
teacher-student and student-student conversations about the
- Uses appropriate technology in teaching and learning
- Additional duties as assigned by the Principal or his
designeeRiver City Science Academy Schools are committed to a
policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for
employment at our schools. Our schools do not discriminate based on
race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation,
or national or ethnic origin.Job Type: Full-timeJob Types:
Full-time, ContractSalary: $46,000.00 - $58,000.00 per
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Keywords: River City Science Academy, Jacksonville , Elementary School Teacher, Education / Teaching , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!