Elementary Teacher - Tiger Academy
Company: YMCA OF FLORIDA'S FIRST COAST
Posted on: November 26, 2022
DescriptionJoin us. We could use someone like you!Can you
imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively
affects the lives of the people in your community? Working at the
Y, you'll discover more than a job-you'll enjoy a career with a
future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the
lives of those around you. If you are a person who wants more than
just a job, who wants your efforts to have an impact on your
community and who wants to work in a welcoming and positive
environment, then you are someone we'd like to work with us. Join
us!Position Summary: Creates a flexible classroom environment and
promotes learning and personal growth in an effort to establish
rapport and motivate students towards desired outcomes.Essential
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Teaches assigned grade/subject matter, utilizing course of
study and other appropriate learning activities.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides
individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the
curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry,
group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best
utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed
to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates students' academic and social growth, keeps
appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means
to discuss students' progress and interpret the school
- Creates an effective environment for learning through
functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education
activities provided by professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator
to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in
conformance with guidelines.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids;
maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state
- Participates in curriculum development programs as
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of
student activities.NOTES: 1. Teachers hired after July 1,2011 will
have a one (1) year probationary period. 2. This job description
reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does
not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.YMCA
Competencies (Leader):Relationships: Builds rapport and relates
well to others.Communication: Listens for understanding and
meaning; speaks and writes effectively.Decision-Making: Makes sound
judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to
another.Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to
create a better member experience.Self-Development: Pursues
self-development that enhances job performance.Functional
Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills
required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates
up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in education or related subject
- State of Florida teaching licensure and credentials.
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience.
- Experience working with students from an ethnically diverse,
urban population preferred.Physical Demands: Ability to plan, lead
and participate in activities.
Keywords: YMCA OF FLORIDA'S FIRST COAST, Jacksonville , Elementary Teacher - Tiger Academy, Education / Teaching , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!