Senior Engineer - Process
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Description Haskell is looking to add a Senior Engineer -
Process to join our team in Jacksonville, FL!
The Senior Engineer - Process will be responsible for the
production of innovative, appropriate, cost-effective designs,
drawings, and specifications for process projects in the
manufacturing sector, with an emphasis on the food and beverage
industry. The individual will participate as a Haskell team member
to deliver integrated process/systems as specified and contracted.
The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Group at Haskell supports core
markets throughout the United States, as well as Mexico and the
Asia Pacific Region. Providing construction, architecture and
engineering for over 55 years in the food and beverage, consumer
products and beer, wine and spirits markets, we work closely with
many Fortune 500 companies providing our industry knowledge and
expertise. Our CPG team is a melting pot of industry-leading
experts and knowledgeable team members that work together,
providing the best solutions to our clients with diverse
backgrounds, knowledge and experience. By joining the CPG team, you
will become a part of a close-knit family that is ready to help
support each other and our clients and a unique opportunity to
build your skills, provide knowledge and create things that matter.
- Application of Knowledge of Process Systems:
- Ensures execution of the process scope of services that meets
customer's project requirements and complies with all applicable
codes, ordinances, standards, and regulations.
- Develops all engineering calculations for process throughput,
mass/energy balance, equipment sizing, relief devices, heat
transfer, and fluid transfer.
- Selects proper equipment for the unit operations that define
- Participates in project strategy meetings, develops design
concepts, and recommends system solutions.
- Responsible for the development of Block Flow Diagrams (BFDs),
Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams
(P&IDs) for all assigned projects.
- Develops or verifies utility matrixes, equipment lists,
equipment specifications, and controls as well as instrumentation
requirements for each assigned process project.
- Works closely with designers for proper arrangement of
equipment and piping to support the process and incorporate sound
- Responsible to produce well-organized, finished construction
drawings of good appearance, accuracy, and clarity, in accordance
with company or client CAD standards.
- Responsible for producing discipline construction material
specifications and scope of work documents for assigned
- Construction Support:
- Participates as requested in construction inspection to monitor
compliance with design intent, construction drawings, and
specifications. Inspections may occur at the client's site or at a
vendor for specialty equipment. Prepares inspection reports.
- Performs equipment submittal reviews and responds to the
contractor and/or vendor Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Perform bid analysis for vendor services or equipment
- Provides timely solutions to field problems and prepares field
orders, addenda, and record drawings.
- Effectively manages project startup, commissioning,
verification, and closeout tasks.
- Project Management:
- Coordinates work with other disciplines. Performs
interdisciplinary coordination checks to minimize deficiencies,
errors, and omissions in drawings and specifications.
- Assists the project team with the identification of process
partners (equipment & automation) and pre-qualifies them for
- Monitors client requests against the proposal and known scope
of work. Develops engineering change notices under the direction of
the Project Manager.
- Assigns and monitors the tasks of junior engineers and
- Planning, Scheduling, and Profitability:
- Creates a discipline work plan for assigned projects. Monitors
workload status, advising supervisor of difficulties in
- Plans production and prepares man-hour estimates for project
effort for all work in process discipline. Develops process-related
budgets under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Produces pricing and proposal presentation documents and
- Assists in coordinating information with and monitoring
efforts/costs of discipline-related outside consultants.
- Assists the project team in RFP responses, developing proposals
including the preparation of conceptual estimates, schedules, and
other proposal documents. May participate in client
- Professional Development:
- Participates in the professional community organizations and
trade organizations within the discipline.
- Prepares and presents technical subjects through Lunch & Learns
to enhance Process team knowledge and understanding.
- Adheres to established company standards and policies.
- Directs technical efforts of discipline subordinates assigned
to the project.
- Mentors junior engineers and designers in process design and
project execution. Education/Experience:
- Typical minimum of 4-year engineering degree.
- Minimum of 8 years of process design and application
engineering experience. Specific Knowledge, Skills, License,
- Strong knowledge in food and/or beverage processing
equipment/systems with a working knowledge of controls and
instruments commonly used.
- Practical experience in some of the following: baking, thermal
processing, commercial heat exchangers, fluid transfer (fittings,
valves, pumps), evaporation, sterilization, CIP, SIP, and systems
automation/integration in both consumer and bulk food
- Knowledge of vendor qualification, procurement, and
- General knowledge of AE&C practices, coordination, and
- Negotiation and relationship development skills with
- Working knowledge of related regulatory, oversight, and
advisory agencies: AIB, FDA, USDA, EPA, PMO, 3A, GMP's, SPS, SSOP,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional Engineering license a plus. To apply, please
email: Kaitlyn.Dickinson@haskell.com Haskell is an Equal
Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities). All persons shall have the
opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage
or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran's status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or
local laws. Haskell is a drug-free workplace, all applicants who
receive conditional offers of employment will be subjected to
pre-employment drug testing. Qualifications Education Required
Bachelors or better in Chemical Engineering. Licenses &
Certifications Preferred Professional Engineer Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Haskell, Jacksonville , Senior Engineer - Process, Engineering , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!