Sr. Technical Writer
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Type : Full time Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant
combo of work and education) Education Desired : Bachelor of
Computer Science Travel Percentage : 1 - 5%Job DescriptionAre you
curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you--ll have the
opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant
issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people
empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open,
collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.About
the team:The team is a group of highly skilled platform engineers.
The team is engaged in building, releasing and operating technology
products and services to support an elastically scalable and fault
tolerant engineering platform. In addition, we are exploring the
evolution of containerized runtimes and looking to take advantage
of emerging technology around service mesh and serverless. What you
will be doing:
- Researches, writes, edits and proofreads more complex technical
data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals,
procedures and specifications to provide clients with information
regarding technical areas in a less technical way.
- Performs usability testing with clients on documentation and
utilizes feedback to improve documentation and standards.
- Composes or updates material for reports, manuals, briefs,
proposals, technical and administrative publications concerned with
work methods and procedures and installation, operation and
maintenance software and hardware.
- Selects appropriate media and distribution methods.
- Assists in establishing style guidelines and standards for
texts and illustrations to meet business needs.
- Reads previous documentation and design notes and uses
computer-based training, or company technical products to gather
and research technical information for use in more complex
- Interviews programmers, engineers, developers and other
- Organizes material and completes writing assignments according
to set standards, e.g., order, clarity, conciseness, style and
- May maintain records and files of work and revisions, may
select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts to
illustrate material, assist in laying out material for publication
and arrange for typing, duplication and distribution of
- Creates, compiles and delivers more complex system/software
developmental documentation packages from technical project team
inputs, system requirements analysis, system design specifications,
technical system design, technical procedure development,
configuration control requirements, test and training
specifications and programming notes.
- Assists in creating project plan, etc. for completing
- Other related duties assigned as needed.What you bring:
- Technical writer for Core Engineering standards, included but
not limited to VMware, SQL, Oracle, Windows, RHEL, Middleware
- 5+ years experience in excellent written and verbal
communication skills, with a demonstrated talent for explaining
complex concepts in easy-to-understand terms.
- Ability to quickly learn complex software systems and financial
industry business concepts.
- Proficiency in mapping and organizing information for multiple
audiences, languages, and outputs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and High degree of flexibility
in response to project challenges in a fast-paced development
- Ability to work equally well independently and as a team
player.Added bonus if you have:
- Some infrastructure engineering background.
- Knowledge of technical concepts used in enterprise
environment.What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a
broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal
development possibilities -- FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant
issues in financial services & technology.Privacy StatementFIS is
committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal
information that we process in order to provide services to our
clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal
information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .EEOC
StatementFIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic
information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available
here supplement document available here For positions located in
the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a
conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a
drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care
was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully
perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities
Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may
not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable
accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be
reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Sourcing
ModelRecruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model;
a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment
agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies
which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible
for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our
employees, or any other part of our company.#pridepass
Keywords: FIS, Jacksonville , Sr. Technical Writer, Engineering , Yulee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!