Industrial Engineer - Vehicle Processing
Company: Southeast Toyota Distributors
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Overview:About Southeast Toyota Distributors LLCSoutheast Toyota
Distributors is the world's largest independent distributor of
Toyotas. The company distributes vehicles, parts and accessories to
177 Toyota dealerships in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and North and
South Carolina. Dealers in this region sell approximately 20% of
all Toyotas sold in the country. Headquartered in Deerfield Beach,
Florida, its vehicle processing facilities are located in
Jacksonville, Florida and Commerce, Georgia.
Southeast Toyota Distributors is a subsidiary of JM Family
Enterprises, Inc., a privately held company with $18 billion in
revenue and more than 4,000 associates. JM Family has earned
various awards for its culture, products and services, including 24
consecutive years on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list.
Interact with JM Family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and
At SET, we do it better, which has led to our Associate's voting us
as one of Fortune's top 100 Companies to Work For, for 23 years in
a row. Hard work and professional dedication are rewarded with a
competitive compensation package that includes full benefits
- Paid holidays
- Generous PTO bank
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Retirement plans - Profit sharing, 401(k), pension
- Life insurance with AD&D
- Short- and long-term disability
- Prescription drug program
- Educational assistance
- and MORE!!Job Description:The Industrial & Design Engineer will
primarily be responsible for supporting VPC Operations and long
term strategic initiatives by maximizing productivity and operating
capabilities in all key areas through the use of Continuous
Improvement (CI) & Kaizen 8 step problem solving facilitation, Lean
tool implementation and Industrial Engineering techniques.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Value Stream Map operational processes to support facility
reduction in waste and improve lead time and velocity.
- Support and facilitate ergonomic improvements to support a safe
work environment for our associates.
- Facilitate Kaizen 8 step problem solving (CI) events with the
ultimate goal of developing all of our associates to approach
problems with this mindset and toolbox.
- Design system and facility improvements with a goal of
improving Strategic Business Plan or Hoshin Key Result Areas,
including but not limited to Safety, CI / Kaizen Sustainability,
Quality, and Efficiency.
- Engage and assist in developing existing facility plans as
needed to minimize non-value added time and maximize flow.
- Provide Kaizen (CI) and project management support including
communicating and championing benefits/results.
- Support Strategic Business Plan & Hoshin initiatives as
directed by site leadership to improve Key Result Areas, including
but not limited to Safety, Kaizen (CI) Sustainability, Quality, and
- Communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders effectively;
Production Leadership, Facilities management, Information and
Technology Systems (ITS) teams and front-line associates to drive
sustainable improvement and business results that tie to our
business plan (Hoshin).
- Support sharing best practices across all three VPC's through
ongoing communication and effective Standard Operating Procedure
- Support and improve standard time development processes to
effectively measure operational efficiency.
- Engage and assist in developing facility plans as needed to
minimize non-value added time and maximize flow.
LI-LA1Job Requirements:Minimum Requirements:
- 5 years of current and recent professional work experience in
Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering within a
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering required; MBA a
- Experience performing time studies
- Experience executing 5S in a production environment
- Basic knowledge of Ergonomic assessments and best
- Proficiency at advanced level in MS Excel, Teams, and
- Must possess strong verbal, written, analytical, and
interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and concisely with
associates, all levels of management, and outside
- Must be flexible for travel to support all Southeast Toyota
sites, training and partnerships with Toyota Motors North America.
(Approximate - 15% travel)
- Ability and willingness to work within operation core hours -
Monday through Friday / 6:00 am - 2:15 pm. Additional support may
be needed on Saturdays or after hours.
- Leadership experience within a production environment preferred
- Experience with the Toyota Production System, Kaizen concepts
and Lean logistics
- Familiarity with Cognos and Autocad software preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Familiarity with Tableau or PowerBI preferred
Keywords: Southeast Toyota Distributors, Jacksonville , Industrial Engineer - Vehicle Processing, Engineering , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!