Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will make design improvements to
mechanical ride and show and facility systems that improve
life-cycle costs by using emerging technologies. You will perform
mechanical engineering tasks including engineering analysis,
testing, assembly / detail / part fabrication drawings, system and
functional requirements, hazard analysis and FMEA, vendor
performance specifications, maintenance and inspection procedures
and acceptance test plans. You will be asked to work with multiple
partners from all levels of the organization to determine data and
requirement inspired technical solutions.
You will report to Manager, Global Applied Technology.
- Mentor other engineers and interns in developing fundamental
- Identify project opportunities that apply design changes to
decrease total cost of ownership of a ride or facility.
- Perform engineering analysis and financial pro-formas for new
- Verify design compliance with applicable codes and
- Provide technical guidance for equipment fabrication,
installation and commissioning efforts.
- Verify system performance through acceptance and performance
- Determine functional and detail system requirements
Basic Qualifications :
- 7+ years of direct experience in mechanical engineering, detail
design and commissioning of industrial automation, large conveyance
or transportation systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency completing engineering design software
(Ex: SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Autodesk Inventor)
- Demonstrated proficiency in engineering analysis
- Experience completing multiple, concurrent, engineering tasks
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and shift based coverage
including immediate response coverage.
- Demonstrated manufacturing experience including welding,
machining and assembly
- Experience with engineering design involving multiple
manufacturing methods and different materials (metal and
- Experience leading design, installation and testing efforts on
- Demonstrated proficiency using MathCad
- Demonstrated proficiency using Ansys
Required Education :
- Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace
Engineering in an ABET accredited institution.
Additional Information :
This job is located in Lake Buena Vista, FL.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you
live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits,
educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can
provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products, Jacksonville , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Middleburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!