Validation Engineer - Rail Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Mobility
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is
what drives us.
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of
infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in
the United States. Open new lines and increase capacity, cut costs,
and link networks: high performance, state-of-the-art Rail
Electrification meets all the expectations of Rail Infrastructure
operators today. It's a central component of the end-to-end
networked, digital infrastructure of tomorrow. We offer products
and services which extend along the entire Rail Electrification
value chain to improve the quality of everyday life for millions of
You will be part of a team that designs and supports the Siemens
vision for North American Rail Automation. You will be working
closely with subject matter experts, architects, developers and
customers (both current and potential) on the Siemens Exception
Based Dispatching system, which is part of the Positive Train
Control (PTC) initiative. PTC is shaping the landscape of the rail
transportation industry for decades to come and will be leveraged
as a backbone for future technologies that will lead to network
optimization and an autonomous rail network.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Develop Software Test Plans and Test procedures based on
- Automate tests cases for validating requirements
- Manage the artifacts/results produced from the test
- Track and maintain requirement traceability matrix and
- Working with customers to triage and gather information from
To thrive in this role, you have:
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign degree equivalent) in Computer
Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 8 years of experience in the job offered or an acceptable
alternate occupation in system development, integration, and test
experience working on large global projects as part of a
development and/or testing team
- Extensive knowledge of Linux including shell scripting,
administration, and problem solving;
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline integration, containerization
and ideally kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Java, Angular and Python
- Ability to professionally interface with customer, peers and
- Railroad experience mainly around PTC, Dispatching
- Experience with multinational teams and locations
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance- Health, Dental, Vision
Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
- We believe that each member of our team is accountable for
making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that
contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and
meaningful solutions with impact on customers, ecosystem partners,
society, and environment.
- We are frontrunners in digitalization and building platforms.
Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to
have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of
exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid
for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program,
Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We
operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens
consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and
generous Paid Time Off
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to
employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here:
https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html . The base
salary range for this position in Florida is $88,000 - $119,100.
The salary may be higher or lower depending on the budget and the
candidate's experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, Jacksonville , Validation Engineer - Rail Infrastructure, Engineering , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!