Chief Engineer - St. John's River Ferry - $4000 Sign-on Bonus
Company: Hornblower - City Experiences
Posted on: February 12, 2024
HMS Ferries is seeking a Chief Engineer for our St. Johns River
Ferry operation in Jacksonville, FL.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City
Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity:
The Chief Engineer safely maintains all vessel systems to
specifications determined by equipment manufacturers, United States
Coast Guard CFRs, and established company standards. The Chief
Engineer is responsible for the operation, troubleshooting, and
implementing repairs of the systems and equipment aboard the St.
Johns River Ferry. The Chief Engineer directs, coordinates, and
exercises functional authority for planning, organization control,
integration, and completion of engineering projects as assigned by
the Port Engineer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- As the Chief Engineer on duty, ensure the safe and reliable
operation of all vessel systems, machinery, and equipment under
your care with due regard for the Safety Management System (SMS),
proper standards of watchkeeping, and in accordance with company
- The Chief Engineer shall work closely with the Captain to
ensure the physical aspect of the vessel and crew are in total
control and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Routinely inspect all areas of the vessel and dock for unsafe
conditions, needed repairs, and implementing solutions.
- Conduct crew training drills, safety meetings, assist in
accident investigations and reports.
- Act as the on-scene leader for casualty control teams.
- Ensure the operation is in compliance with all engineering
principles, company standards, passenger requirements and
- Oversee the installation and repair of systems and equipment
onboard by outside contractors.
- Schedule and oversee all bunkering evolutions.
- Ensure all preventative maintenance checks are completed prior
to their due date.
- Ensure all engineering logbooks and records are current and
- The Chief Engineer on duty shall coordinate all engineering
activities and notify the vessel Master and Port Engineer if any
critical systems are non-functional or operating outside
- Knows and understands the operational and emergency procedures,
adheres to all health and safety regulations while working with a
- Additional job duties as assigned. Requirements &
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid United States Coast Guard license as a DDE (Designated
Duty Engineer) 4000 HP , 500 gross ton or higher
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC
- Valid Driver's License
- Valid USCG Medical Certificate
- Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be
fluent in English
- Must be familiar with computers and MS Office software
- Must be capable of completing engineering watch officer
qualifications within two calendar weeks Salary: $80,000/year;
$4000 sign-on bonus; full benefits package available
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land
and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and
acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that
welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an
enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where
communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may
just be the opportunity for you.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission,
vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company
culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us
to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and
or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to
discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion,
religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions,
childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military
statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic
information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic
violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics
prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City
Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
records to apply.PandoLogic. Keywords: Ship Engineer, Location:
JACKSONVILLE, FL - 32207
Keywords: Hornblower - City Experiences, Jacksonville , Chief Engineer - St. John's River Ferry - $4000 Sign-on Bonus, Engineering , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!