Manager, Business Development
Company: Yusen Logistics
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Overview This position may be domiciled anywhere in the USA but
preferably in Jacksonville, Chicago, Dallas, Secaucus or Los
The Manager, Business Development manages domestic transportation
solutions for the Integrated Solutions Group (ISG) with a primary
focus area of Port Dray Management. This individual is responsible
for generating new accounts as well as maintaining and building
existing accounts relative to Port Dray Management solutions. This
role requires strong leadership skills/vision and the ability to
successfully drive change. This individual will engage with current
and target customers and, through close collaboration and teamwork
(internally and externally) seek to identify value-added solutions.
This position requires a strong ability to influence internal
teams, and work collaboratively with sales and marketing teams to
develop innovative product growth strategy and build lasting
relationships and partnerships. The ideal incumbent will
demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Yusen's Port Dray Management
- Responsible for Port Dray Management ISG Business Development
and related administrative activities/services.
- Drive revenue, market share and margin growth in line with the
business plan and leads business development initiatives that are
consistent with the company's overall strategy.
- Manages the consultative pitch process from beginning to end
including development of custom presentations and proposals.
- Customer engagement at the senior levels with key accounts to
develop strategic/integrated partnerships.
- Develop an integrated service offering to ISG's customers to
include Supply Chain & Transportation Management, Contract
Logistics, Cargo Handling and other like services.
- Identify new business opportunities with both existing and new
- Establish a strong working relationship with key ISG team
members including IT Solutions (Logistics Technology), Supply Chain
Solutions and Operations.
- Create connectivity with customers with the goal of
establishing credibility through business expertise, industry
acumen, and most importantly a value-oriented approach.
- Assist in the development and execution of a focused sales
strategy and tactical opportunity plans to deliver logistics
solutions within targeted industries and customers to gain market
share and grow revenue.
- 5+ years' industry experience in US 3 rd Party Logistics,
Drayage Management, Transportation Management, International
Logistics, or US Domestic Logistics & Transportation operations.
Included in this experience is sales or sales related experience
within the Industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation/Logistics, Business
Administration or related field. An equivalent combination of
education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of drayage management solutions
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written), and
ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and leadership
(internally and externally).
- Position requires travel of up to 25%. Occasional work after
normal business hours and weekends may be required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and work process
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and be proficient
in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and
PowerPoint). The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature of work being performed. They are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc.
operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics
products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated
Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services,
along with transportation solutions all while providing complete
and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit
our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship
status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and
gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected
status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local
laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's
employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting,
hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training,
leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Jacksonville , Manager, Business Development, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!