Home Delivery Operations Manager
Company: Pilot Freight
Posted on: October 19, 2020
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Pilot Air Freight to consider all applications
for any position without regard to a person's race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status,
marital status, sexual orientation or genetics.
Pilot Freight Services is searching for a dynamic Home Delivery
Operations Manager – Embedded Solutions in the Jacksonville FL
**area. We have a rare opportunity for a behind-the-scenes
logistics position. The Operations Manager is embedded in the
operation and dedicated to being the best; to standing at the line
of action and taking charge of a busy regional distribution center
and making sure that teams on the front line are sharp and
committed to excellence. You will oversee the team to fine tune
processes, support the P&L expectations and decisions, and
ensure that customers get the kind of treatment you demand for
yourself. This is a high volume operation that calls for
hyper-attentiveness to detail always, the ability to communicate
clearly, set expectations, and lead with passion.
Our customers are iconic furniture, bedding, fitness, appliance,
and electronics brands who expect a superior home delivery event
for their clients. You'll have the opportunity to stand at the line
of action and take charge of a busy regional distribution center
while making sure that teams on the front line are sharp and
committed to excellence.
If this is how you live and want to work, then we want to hear from
you right now.
Own-the-Results Job Description:
The Operations Manager - Embedded Solutions will report directly to
the Regional DC Manager, but will work closely with several other
team members throughout all stages of the dedicated delivery
service. He/she will be responsible for the execution of the
facility delivery team including but not limited to; order routing,
contractor management, and customer service. The Operations Manager
is responsible for daily planning, organizing, controlling and
managing the over-all operations of delivery and return orders.
The DC Operations Manager must excel in a HIGH VOLUME
FURNITURE/BEDDING DELIVERY OPERATION. This person must be one who
can execute to a prescribed process in the most efficient manner.
They must be able to handle a very fast paced, highly dynamic, and
dead-line driven work place environment.
This is what you would have done had you been with us last
- Provided the necessary communication and support between
customers, suppliers and independent contractors regarding
operations activity to ensure a smooth delivery and expected level
- Managed the planning and coordination in executing order
assembly and dispatch of product.
- Provided the efficient utilization of delivery team capacity
and mechanical handling of equipment, ensuring quality, budgetary
targets and environmental objectives were met.
- Worked with the Regional DC Manager to achieve financial
objectives by supporting the preparation of an annual budget.
- Managed a P&L by operating the business within budgeted
guidelines through scheduling expenditures and analyzing
- Managed contractual agreements and key performance indicators
set forth by the client.
- Used personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and
constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in activities
- Managed the resolution of complex escalations pertaining to
Independent Contractors and customers; Reported on issues as needed
to ensure complaints were addressed and resolved to client
- Utilized site operating systems to ensure daily execution of
- Managed the recruitment and training of staff and IC's, as well
as monitoring staff performance and progress.
- Conducted weekly client meetings to report and evaluate the
quality of service received, providing solutions for continuous
- Ensured driver safety and compliance, loading in a safe manner
and requirements were being met.
- Performed other dynamic duties as required.
These are the tools you would have brought with you:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred but not required;
Completion of a college program in business administration or in a
discipline related to facility operation and maintenance, or an
equivalent combination of technical training and experience in
administration or maintenance
- 5+ years supply chain experience in transportation,
distribution and/or freight management; 2-4 years in a
supervisory/management role; experience in a large distribution
center strongly preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and high-intensity
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels in support
of customer relationships (vendors, warehousing, sales and
- Strong analytical skills, especially as it pertains to
proactively managing and coordinating with others in order to meet
our customer's needs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and high
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in the use of operating and routing software
- Ability to work flexible shifts and days of the week including
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and complete repetitive tasks for complete
Keywords: Pilot Freight, Jacksonville , Home Delivery Operations Manager, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!