Director of Sourcing
Company: Nivel Parts and Manufacturing Co
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Description Who you are:
- You have your Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics,
Business, or related technical field
- You have a minimum of 5-7 years of purchasing or related
experience including proven capability using advanced procurement
principles and supply chain management on a global basis
- You have international sourcing/supply chain development
- You have experience with commodity management, finished goods,
and component sourcing. HUGE plus if you have indirect sourcing
- You have a solid understanding of manufacturing processes and
capabilities, materials, applications, and industry trends related
to injection molding, metal processing, and electronics
- You have experience managing people, and you enjoy being a
- You are willing and able to travel up to 50% (domestically and
internationally) What you'll do:
- Establish and maintain reliable sources of supply to ensure
timely procurement of all assigned goods, materials, and services.
Implement and manage long term agreements which deliver best in
class quality, delivery, and total cost.
- Evaluate existing sources for technical capability and
progressiveness, manufacturing capability, quality system,
management and financial stability, cost competitiveness and
- Research and evaluate alternate sources of supply. Communicate
opportunities with cross functional teams and make recommendations
for alternate suppliers, designs, and materials to reduce
- Request and analyze quotations and bids. Promote the need to
share cost break down analysis to aide negotiations of per unit
cost, commanding best overall cost and commercial terms.
- Proactively coordinate the selection and qualification process.
Influential in driving task completion to achieve aggressive
- Negotiate and manage complex business agreements and contracts,
both domestic and international.
- Actively participate in new product development and manage the
purchasing activities involved with initial phases of new product
qualification and introduction.
- Initiate necessary correspondence or personal contact to
improve terms, resolve disposition of rejected goods and rework
costs, adjust invoice discrepancies, and rectify other related
- Responsible for coaching and development of subordinates. Write
performance reviews and handle all employee relations related
issues. We proudly offer our team members a great workspace without
the stuffy corporate atmosphere. Members of the Nivel family
contribute to the bigger picture by bringing different ideas and
processes to the table - we hire people from all backgrounds and
industries. Here's what we give you:
- Free snacks and coffee
- Employee discounts on A LOT of fun stuff
- PTO/ETO and 8 paid holidays
- Tons of growth opportunities
- Employee appreciation events monthly Here's what we promise
every single person in our office:
- A culture that is unparalleled to other organizations
- An opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing company - we
want to hear what ideas YOU have
- The tools to succeed in your role - need training? You got it.
Need 1-on-1 meetings with your manager? Done. Whatever it is that
you need to do your best work, we will accommodate you
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic,
good-natured, and highly skilled Founded in 1968, Nivel is a global
aftermarket manufacturer, distributor and seller of specialty and
heavy-duty vehicle parts and accessories. With access to over
80,000 parts and accessories, Nivel is the largest supplier in the
niche vehicle aftermarket parts industries. The company sells its
products directly to OEMs, independent distributors, equipment
dealers, and direct-to-consumer through its Buggies Unlimited,
Reliance and AgKits brands.
Keywords: Nivel Parts and Manufacturing Co, Jacksonville , Director of Sourcing, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!