Regional Director of Sports and Family Programs
Company: Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Regional Director of Sports and Family Programs - Nassau, Yulee
General Information Job Title: Regional Director of Sports and
Family Programs - Nassau Location: 251 Breezeway Suite 120 Yulee,
FL, 32097 United States Other Compensation: Employee Type:
Full-Time Job Category: SPORTS Required Degree: 4 Year Degree
Description Position Summary: Develops, organizes, implements and
leads high quality programs with an emphasis on sports and family
activities at both McArthur Family YMCA and YMCA at Wildlight and
that compliment family membership growth. Also, supervise a KidZone
Lead at YMCA at Wildlight overseeing KidZone and Teen Center. The
position supervises staff, monitors YMCA policy and procedures,
interacts effectively parents and fellow colleagues and adheres to
written budgets to support the growth a family membership at the
YMCA. Essential Functions:
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA
objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program
within the community in accordance with strategic and operating
plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs staff
and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance.
Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities.
Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices; monitors
and purchases necessary supplies and equipment as budget
- Demonstrates a high level of professional ethics through fair
and consistent implementation of all YMCA policies and procedures
and licensure requirements with staff, program participants and
parents. Recognizes and implements safety standards in all program
- Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety
- Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations.
Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings, trainings and
meetings for staff and volunteers.
- Lead and support KidZone Lead at YMCA at Wildlight who will
oversee special parent events at a branch level such as monthly
parent's night out (PNO), Annual Healthy Kids Day, holiday parties
and parent child enrichment to add value to family membership.
- Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules;
trains and schedules sports officials; develops and distributes
sports rules, guidelines and handbooks.
- Purchases and distributes team uniforms and awards; coordinates
and distributes team photographs.
- Organizes and oversees sports clinics and specialty
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of youth program
information; may organize and schedule program registrations.
- Actively participate in the Annual Giving Campaign by
recruiting volunteers and donations from the community for each
branch served. Work in partnership with each of the regional
branches. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special
- Collaborates with branch leadership across each branch served
to ensure that all programs and events are communicated and
thoughtfully marketed to the membership team and members of the Y
- Builds and facilitates a plan for growth in collaboration with
- Provides data and reports as required for assigned
- Creates, monitors, and meets annual budget.
- Develops, implements, manages and audits operating plans to
promote multiple programs leading to program growth and membership
growth for the YMCA. Executes--strategies to ensure that members
and/or program participants connect with one another and connect
with the YMCA.
- Ensures high quality programs through innovative program
development, evaluations and audits of program delivery and ongoing
training of staff.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the
effectiveness of and participation in program. NOTE: This job
description reflects management's assignment of essential
functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be
assigned. Volunteerism: Provides volunteers with orientation,
training, development, and recognition. Relationships: Builds
relationships to create small communities. Communication:
Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audiences.
Decision-Making: Provides others with frameworks for making
decisions. Innovation: Conducts prototypes to support the launching
of programs and activities. Finance: Effectively creates and
manages budgets. Developing Others: Provides staff with feedback,
coaching, guidance, and support. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
- Minimum age requirements may apply.
- Three or more year's related experience preferred, as a
coordinator or supervisor of child care and/or sports
- Able to work with exceptional organization and time management
skills to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility with night and weekend availability.
- Ability to develop, train and implement quality developmentally
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: CPR; First
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.-- Physical
Demands: Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform
essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide
variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
Keywords: Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital, Jacksonville , Regional Director of Sports and Family Programs, Executive , Yulee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!