Underwriting Manager - Tampa, FL
Company: Bank of America
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- Line of Business Description: The position will be a leader
within the First Mortgage lending team. Responsibilities include
but are not limited to:
- Manages a team of 8-12 residential first mortgage underwriters
ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Utilizes approval authority for more complex loan requests and
exceptions to policy.
- Maintains operations management including goals, load leveling,
staffing, coaching and performance management.
- Coordinates on-site investor audits as required.
Enterprise Description: Manages a team of residential first or
second mortgage underwriters ensuring compliance with established
policies and procedures. Has approval authority for more complex
loan requests and exceptions to policy. Has responsibility for
operations management including goals, load leveling, staffing,
coaching and performance management. May help coordinate on-site
investor audits. This position is subject to SAFE Act registration
requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees
engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register
with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since
your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required
to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check
and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE
Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
Required Skills and Experience
- Possess and/or ability to earn SASE 6 to utilize and sponsor
complex loan approval or exceptions.
- Previous demonstrated leadership experience with a minimum 2
years leadership skills and extensive mortgage background.
- 5+ years of manual underwriting experience.
- Proven ability to drive Operational Excellence.
- Experience leading a team to maintain client delight at or
above the thresholds set for the business.
- Time management and organizational skills are a must.
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage a variety of business
Desired Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of First Mortgage Policies & Procedure and
primary applications is preferred.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Referral Bonus Amount:
--> Associated topics: underwriter
Keywords: Bank of America, Jacksonville , Underwriting Manager - Tampa, FL, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!