Assistant Executive Director
Company: Harts Harbor Health Care Center
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Overview:Must have a FL Nursing Home Administrator's
Purpose of Your Job PositionThe primary purpose of the Assistant
Executive Director is to direct the day-to-day functions of their
areas of responsibility in accordance with current federal, state,
and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern
nursing facilities to ensure that the highest degree of quality
care can be provided to our residents at all times and to assist
the Executve Director in these areas for the entire facility. You
are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with
the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that
continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior
As Assistant Executive Director, you are delegated the
administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability
necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for
assisting the Executive Director in day-to-day clinical and
administrative activities of the facility, including profit and
loss responsibility and ensures compliance with all state and
federal regulations. May supervise Director of Admission, Director
of Therapeutic Recreational Services, Director of Hospitality
Services, and Director of Dining Services. You will also provide
leadership to all facility staff in meeting the goal of providing
quality resident care. This job description does not list all the
duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers
to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon
your performance of the tasks listed in this job description at
anytime. This job description is not a contract for employment, and
either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time,
for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the philosophy, mission, and objective of the Company
within and to customers outside the facility.
- Assist Executive Director with establishing financial and
programmatic goals for the facility and conduct an annual
evaluation of goal achievement.
- Provide input into the annual operating budget.
- Monitor Monthly performance of areas of responsibility in
relation to the budget and intervene as needed.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring and orientation/training for
a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out facility
programs and services.
- Assist in the interpretation and implementation of governing
board policies and procedures.
- Schedule regular meeting with direct report staff to provide
supervision, ensure communication and to monitor facility
- Conduct and document annual performance evaluations on each
direct report staff.
- In conjunction with executive Director, maintain and guide the
implementation of facility policies and procedures in compliance
with corporate, state, federal, and other regulatory
- Prepare and submit reports on facility operation, as
- Support and guide the facility's quality improvement process in
conjunction with Executive Director.
- Work closely with sales/marketing staff to set strategies for
promotion and expansion of the facility's programs/services within
- Ensure a safe, clean and comfortable environment for residents,
visitors and staff.
- Attend and/or conduct facility meetings, as required, to carry
- Attend corporate management meetings, as required.
- Ensure adequate preparation for, and participate in, regulatory
- Maintain effective relationships and open communication with
residents, families, staff, contractors and the outside
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to
- Ensure the Company vision, mission and core values are evident
in the facility.
- Satisfaction surveys indicate that residents, visitors,
families and employees are treated with respect and compassion
- Satisfaction surveys, turnover, and key indicator reports
indicate that the Assistant Executive Director demonstrates a
passion for caring towards employees, residents, families, visitors
and the community at large
- Assist Executive Director in creating and maintaining an
atmosphere of in which employees demonstrate respect warmth,
personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm
environment throughout the facility
- Ensure that residents, visitors and employees are treated with
respect and compassion as evidenced by satisfaction surveys
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in
facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Attend to overall operation of the facility in absence of
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and
integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interactions
with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care
Liaison duties as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.Education
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in healthcare.
Advanced degree in a healthcare related field preferred.
Must possess a current, unencumbered Nursing Home Executive
Director's (Administrator) license of this State.
Must possess demonstrated skills related to management, planning,
budgeting, marketing and quality improvement.Specific Requirements
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills related to management, planning, budgeting,
marketing and quality improvement.
- Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of OBRA regulations, the survey
process, survey tag numbers, and quality measures.
- Must be knowledgeable of reimbursement regulations and nursing
practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and
guidelines pertaining to nursing facility administration.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and
supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement,
and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and
procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care and
maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with laws, regulations, and
guidelines governing personnel administration.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm,
as well as must be willing to handle residents, staff, and
visitors, based on whatever maturity level at which they are
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles
and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Must be able to maintain good personnel relations and employee
- Must be able to read and interpret financial records, reports,
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications,
and other office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations,
reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors,
and government agencies/personnel.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace.
Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility and its
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, family members, personnel,
visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family
members, personnel, and visitors.
- Works beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays
- Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g.,
severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- May be involved in community/civic health
- Attends and participates in continuing educational
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors,
etc., throughout the work day, as well as reactions from dust,
disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and
other department personnel.
- Maintains a liaison with the residents, their families, support
personnel, etc., to ensure that the residents' needs are
Keywords: Harts Harbor Health Care Center, Jacksonville , Assistant Executive Director, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!