Field Services Inspector - Property Management
Company: Second Avenue
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Second Avenue is recruiting a Field Services Technician for its
Property Management division in Southwest, FL.We are looking for an
experienced property management professional with single family
management or housing inspection experience and a proven track
record regarding essential duties with respect to optimizing
performance of the assigned rental portfolio and new acquisitions,
renovations, leasing, collections, resident service, expense
control, maximizing revenue, information reporting and compliance
with applicable statutes and company policies.Single Family
Property Management Preferred - Experience with R&M, Turns and
Rehabs a MUST.Second Avenue is the premier platform for enabling
institutions to deploy meaningful capital into single-deeded
residential assets (SFR) while retaining control and valuable lines
of sight into their investments over time. Second Avenue's
proprietary technology and exclusive relationships have allowed it
to bring scale to scattered single family investment homes, a
strategy that was previously untenable as an institutional asset
class. The Company provides all aspects of sourcing, acquisition
and property management services for its clients.We offer a
positive culture and professional work environment. Please see our
website for additional background on our business platform -
www.secondavenue.com.Job SummaryThe Field Service Specialist (FFS)
is a position that spends the bulk of their time visiting various
properties within a market portfolio. FFS are key resources in the
field and handle a variety of responsibilities including quality
control of properties after renovations, conducting move-in and
move-out inspections and installing electronic smart home
equipment. FFS must be professional and have a solid comprehension
of construction/maintenance processes and techniques. FFS must be
willing to travel extensively within a portfolio daily and should
be flexible in being available to work on the occasional weekend as
needed.Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a quality review for new inventory coming out of
renovations and turn and completing inspection reports in our
- Coordinate and meet onsite vendors as required at different
properties within the market as needed.
- Assist Second Avenue in making certain a scope of work is
completed completely and that the quality of the work is
- Coordinate and manage resident move-ins and resident move-outs
by completing a thorough property condition/status inspection at
move-in and when the residents move-out, including solid
documentation within the report to include both written and
- Conduct rent ready vacant unit inspections that have been on
the market for longer periods of time to make certain they remain
- Assess condition of properties for R&M/Capex needs.
- Perform rental property inspections, ensure positive visual
appeal of property conditions.
- Inspect buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness
- correct or report deficiencies.
- Provide customer excellent service support/resident
- Comply with all company standards, applicable health and safety
rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and
- Assist in oversight of maintenance/turnkey operations.
- Assist in coordinating acquisition and renovation activities in
collaboration and support of SA rehab team.Skills/Specialized
- Attention to detail and ability to make effective schedule in
accordance with priorities for that day, week, month.
- Ability to work with various technology platforms.
- Knowledge of Repairs & Maintenance, Renovations, and Turnkey
- Ability to use a computer proficiently, including Microsoft
Outlook, Word, Excel and property operating software.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions. Ability to
identify, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business
needs and processes.
- Ability to set, manage and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain
- Ability to commute daily to properties throughout the assigned
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate findings clearly
in both writing and photographically.Required Licenses or
- Current driver's license and automobile insurance. Other
- Ability to be reachable via phone and/or email at all times,
except during approved time off.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.Ideal Candidate
Characteristics and Background
- Minimum high school graduate required. Associates Degree or
higher degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in residential property management.
- Strong work ethic, value system, high level of adaptability and
team orientation.Position Type Full-time, Salaried
Non-ExemptBenefitsPaid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Medical, Vision and
Dental Insurance, Short Term Disability, 401K NOTE: This job
description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other
duties may be assigned.SDL2017
Keywords: Second Avenue, Jacksonville , Field Services Inspector - Property Management, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!