Senior Product Manager (Remote)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
About AndelaAndela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity.
Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers
and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and
organizations around the world.For technologists, Andela offers
competitive long term career opportunities with leading
organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and
education opportunities with leading technology providers.For
companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully
integrated team members that unlock their business' innovation and
growth potential.At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating
long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and
doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.We are excited to
continue building our remote first team with incredible people like
you!Andela's Product Team is at the intersection of people,
process, and technology. We're working closely with engineers,
operations teams, and users to build a next-generation platform
that facilitates the connection between the global talent workforce
(brilliance) and some of the best companies in the world
(opportunity). We believe that the future of work hinges on
successful remote work relationships, and we are building products
to solve for this. We are a small team, rapidly expanding and eager
to make an impact.In this role, you will lead a team of engineers
and designers to define, build, and launch critical initiatives
that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. We're
looking for an experienced product manager who will use research
and data to define strategy for a category of products, and who is
at the same time a world-class executor. We need problem solvers,
creative thinkers, and people who aren't afraid to roll up their
sleeves.If this sounds like you, keep reading - we want to hear
from you! We are a fully remote company and you can truly live
anywhere while doing this job. English fluency is required.General
- Define, scope, and prioritize Andela's Client Side Marketplace
Product roadmap; you will own an entire product category.
- Own and lead all aspects of an established agile team: writing
user stories and acceptance criteria, backlog grooming, triage and
prioritization, demos, end to end product execution,
- Communicate product direction, progress, delivery, launch, and
mitigation plans to all relevant team members and business
- Establish and maintain credibility within engineering, the
business, and our users.
- Conduct user research and data analysis to assess
opportunities, risks, and business plans.
- Set adoption targets and continuously analyze data to assess
the success of a product and inform product direction.In The First
- Onboard and integrate into Andela.
- Learn about Andela's existing product suite.
- Become acquainted with your area of focus, peers, partners, and
your product goals.In The First Month
- Start collaborating closely with your engineering team to
familiarize yourself with the backlog.
- Work with senior team members to develop and prioritize your
high level roadmap.
- Form relationships with your business partners and start
understanding end user personas.
- Take over all current initiatives.In The First Three Months
- Fully be responsible for a product category, working with other
team members to complete research and prioritization for the next
- Ship features that deliver high business value.
- Fully embed yourself in your engineering team and take
ownership of all product management activities.
- Monitor the success and adoption of any product features
shipped against company goals.
- Understand Andela business processes that fall under your area
of responsibility and propose new ways to scale those processes
- Run partner meetings/initiatives to evangelize and push
adoption of the product roadmap.
- Establish yourself as a well known, key player within the
product team and within Andela.In The First Six Months
- Develop a repeatable model for delivering against company and
- Mentor more junior product team members.
- Consistently re-evaluate the roadmap and backlog to seamlessly
respond to changing market and business priorities.
- Work with engineering to continuously improve development
processes and practices within your team.
- Give to the development of the product management team by
introducing new insights/initiatives and pushing for the maturation
of existing processes.In The First Year
- Define your category's product strategy and plan for
- Deliver, deliver, deliver! You are a trusted and highly valued
Andelan and our team relies on you to consistently ship high
quality products that our users love.
- Continuously strive to scale and improve the team, meeting the
growing needs of the business and our users.
- Discover new product opportunities and actively give to the
overall Andela product direction.Qualifications
- 5+ years of product management experience at a software
company, marketplace or B2B preferred. 7+ years overall work
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred, but not a
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company
- Technical fluency; you don't have to be an engineer, but you do
need to speak the language.
- Ability to build wireframes and mockups, with an interest in
keeping things simple.
- Solid understanding of how to truly propose and build a lean
MVP and scope out further landmarks for a product or feature.
- Detail oriented and a high bar for quality when it comes to
writing stories, acceptance criteria, launch plans, and testing a
feature before greenlighting its launch to users.
- Strong project management with the ability to identify and
communicate blockers, next steps, and progress.
- Strong analytic skills and fluency with data, with the ability
to use a variety of tools to capture and synthesize information
(experience with Google Analytics, BigQuery, Looker a major
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a tendency to
over-document and over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is
- Humble and willing to learn/grow. We need confident and capable
PMs who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to
help our talent succeed.Benefits
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our
roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global
benefits at AndelaAt Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We
know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents,
perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community
and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work
environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and
dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional
atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and
prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal
employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and
applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including
breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical
status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or
status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly
prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated
above.Andela is home for all, come as you are.
Keywords: Andela, Jacksonville , Senior Product Manager (Remote), Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!