Senior Compliance & Risk Management Specialist
Company: Wounded Warrior Project
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the
things people look for in a job.But if you're the kind of person
who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's
wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind
of person we're looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project,
you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to
you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to
serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.At Wounded
Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished
without our talented teammates, which is why we're proud to offer
benefits such as:
- A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days' work
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND
- Competitive pay and performance incentives
- A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environmentA
mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to
get started, we're ready for you.The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)
Senior Compliance & Risk Management Specialist supports the Legal
Department by managing liability insurance, incident reporting,
risk management, business continuity, compliance, records
management, and duties including communications.DUTIES &
- Manage WWP's liability insurance portfolio including broker
management and negotiating insurance policies that ensure
comprehensive, favorable, and cost-effective coverage.
- Manage liability insurance claims.
- Respond to insurance policy coverage inquiries, proof of
coverage requests, and response to annual audits.
- Manage WWP's incident reporting and litigation management
processes. Coordinate with teammates, internal and external
counsel, accounting, insurance brokers, claims adjusters, and other
- Helps oversee WWP's risk management practices including
preparing draft policies and procedures related to risk management
and assisting with the organization's compliance, business
continuity, and enterprise risk management efforts.
- Consult with WWP attorneys or outside counsel to obtain legal
opinions and advice.
- Coordinate the intake process for compliance and risk
management support requests. Coordinate timely response with
appropriate parties and serve as a liaison among attorneys, WWP
teammates, and other third parties to effectively respond to
- Conduct legal and industry standard research on liability
insurance, compliance issues, and other legal questions. Review and
monitor new and updated laws and regulations impacting WWP.
Summarize findings into actionable summaries.
- Assist with records management program.
- Help ensure confidentiality of company data and
- Other duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated working understanding of liability insurance plans
including workers' compensation.
- Demonstrated working understanding of risk management
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills. Strong attention to
detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated analytical ability, and ability to utilize
critical thinking skills. Good reasoning abilities and sound
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality deliverables while
coordinating multiple projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Team player, with ability to
respond with flexibility and understanding.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with tact and maturity.
Demonstrated emotional intelligence.
- Resourceful, well organized, dependable, and efficient. Strong
organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office, e.g.,
Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated legal research expertise using electronic
resources, e.g., Lexis-Nexis and Westlaw.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning to improve
competencies in writing contracts and in legal compliance to
support the organization.
- High energy level, self-starter, and willing to take
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Five years of experience working in any combination of roles in
risk management, compliance, law firm or corporate legal
- Five years of legal experience working with liability insurance
and risk management.
- Two years of compliance experience.EDUCATIONRequirements
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field. Equivalent combination of
education, experience, training, or certification may be considered
in lieu of degree.Preferences
- Completion of paralegal studies
- None .Preferences
- Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP).
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM).WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL
- General office environment, temperature controlled.
- Up to 5% travel.*ca-djWounded Warrior Project is an equal
opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military status,
disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law.Please note:Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking
assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms
without a written search agreement in place. All resumes submitted
by search firms to any employee at Wounded Warrior Project via
email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Wounded
Warrior Project in any form without a valid written search
agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Wounded
Warrior Project, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate
is hired by Wounded Warrior Project as a result of the referral or
through other means."
Keywords: Wounded Warrior Project, Jacksonville , Senior Compliance & Risk Management Specialist, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!