Business Operations Manager (Not a Remote Position)
Company: Cancer Specialists of North Florida
Posted on: November 25, 2022
_*Cancer Specialists of North Florida*_ is recruiting for an
experienced _*Business Operations Manager*_ for our busy
_*Practice. *_This is not a remote position. The Manager of
Business Operations is responsible for overseeing the following
areas of the Business Office: Imaging Authorizations, Drug
Authorizations, Scheduling, Billing, Insurance Follow-up, Charge
Auditing, and Lockbox. Ensures that the Practice Management System
is in compliance with regulatory requirements. This position
oversees the reimbursement for all CSNF medical services through
accurate and timely reporting of all physician and ancillary
services. In addition to these duties, the Manager of Business
Operations also works closely with the Chief Financial Officer,
Practice Administrators, and Physicians. Essential duties and
responsibilities include the following:
* Manages the direction of operations of the business office to
ensure accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility.
* Responsible for Employee Relations, Annual Performance
Appraisals, and Recruitment of employees.
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of coding
functions, including monitoring and interpreting insurance
reimbursements and implementing procedures that ensures optimum
reimbursement and compliance with regulations.
* Responsible to monitor aged balances of all accounts; ensures
that delinquent accounts are followed up according to specified
* Implements and monitors compliance with all Reimbursement
Policies and Procedures
* Ensures compliance with appropriate industry regulations.
* Maintains working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as
they relate to assigned responsibilities.
* Provides training and in-service sessions to billing, collecting,
and business office employees for new agreements and any material
changes that may impact business operations.
* Responsible for ensuring employees are properly trained and fully
informed of changes and expectations.
* Conduct monthly meetings with Practice Administrators,
Physicians, and Financial Counselors to review Account Receivables
* Review and approve Refund requests, account adjustments, accounts
sent to Collection agency.
* Maintain payer account receivable spreadsheets and address
issues/concerns. Follow up via meetings or conference calls.
* All other duties as assigned.
*Additional Skills and Abilities: *
* Knowledge of Healthcare Administration principals and insurance
agency operating procedures and practices.
* Strong management experience with the ability to create a fully
functioning and cohesive team.
* Solid employee relations experience which includes, Performance
Management, Annual Performance Appraisals, and Recruitment.
* Strong communication skills; oral and written.
* Strong critical thinking skills.
* Analytical skills
* Experience with navigating through an Electronical Medical
Records (EMR) system; preferably Oncology experience.
* Thorough knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-9/10 coding systems.
* Develop and enforce departmental policies and procedures,
ensuring staff complies with policy.
* Knowledge of managed care activities and issues pertaining to
contract negotiation, reimbursement trends, and payer
* Knowledge of the purposes, organization and policies of the
community's health systems
* Knowledge of fiscal management and human resources management
* Ability to maintain strong confidentiality in regards to all
business matters involving patients, staff, or the company as a
* Strong computer software experience including Microsoft WORD,
Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Internet programs
*Supervisory Responsibilities: *
Full-time Position, Monday - Friday
*Education and Experience: *
* Bachelor's degree, preferred
* Minimum of five years of business office management experience /
*Compensation and Benefits: *
* Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
Cancer Specialists of North Florida is an "EEO Employer" and "Drug
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Bachelor's (Required)
* business office management: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Cancer Specialists of North Florida, Jacksonville , Business Operations Manager (Not a Remote Position), Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!