Region Grassroots Manager, Southeast
Company: American Heart Association
Posted on: November 26, 2022
OverviewNow is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a
relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at
the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your
career.The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent
opportunity for a Region Grassroots Manager in our Southeast Region
. Location of the selected candidate is flexible within the region
( AL, GA, FL, LA, MS, NC, PR, SC, TN ) provided the location allows
for effective and cost-efficient travel.The Region Grassroots
Manager is responsible for recruiting, mobilizing, retaining, and
recognizing volunteer advocates for the AHAs Youre the Cure
grassroots network in the assigned territory within the Southeast
Region. You will supervise the identification and execution of
influential grassroots strategies and tactics to advance the
Associations public policy priorities at the federal, state and
community levels. Additional responsibilities include contributing
to issue advocacy campaign plans and ensuring effective volunteer
engagement through regular communication, advocate training, as
well as online and offline calls to action.The Association offers
many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through
your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful,
you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate
university, as well as training and support locally and through our
National Center.#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of
life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on
work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you
will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued at the American Heart Association
by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at
heart.org.ResponsibilitiesEssential Job Duties:
- Develops and implements a strategic plan around the
recruitment, mobilization, and retention of Youre the Cure members
for assigned territory.
- Works closely with Region Senior Grassroots Lead in the
Southeast to develop and implement regional grassroots
- Maintains regular communication with Youre the Cure advocates
in assigned territory to keep them engaged and active throughout
the year, such as action alerts, newsletters, email updates, social
media messaging, etc.
- Activates and engages Youre the Cure advocates in offline
tactics as appropriate to impact public policy campaigns. Examples
include lobby days, rallies, spokesperson opportunities, phone call
campaigns, events, etc.
- Writes and launches action alerts to mobilize advocates to send
communications to lawmakers, regulators, and industry leaders.
- Finds opportunities to recruit grassroots networkers and key
contact volunteers through AHA-related activities and other
community events or resources.
- Cultivates opportunities for grassroots networkers to advance
their level of engagement in advocacy.
- Develops volunteer leaders, who play a leading role in policy
campaigns, assisting with advocate recruitment, training, and
outreach, as well as sharing their stories with lawmakers and in
- Plans and implements grassroots trainings for AHA volunteers
and staff as needed to educate on AHA mission and priorities and
how they can make an impact through advocacy.
- Recognizes advocates for their contributions through the course
of policy campaigns.
- Regularly evaluates Youre the Cure program metrics in assigned
territory. Examples include tracking performance of online
communications and analyzing network trends through web-based
action and reporting systems.
- Fosters integration opportunities with AHA staff partners to
further grow the Youre the Cure network and to provide meaningful
volunteer engagement opportunities through advocacy.
- Supports federal, state, or local lobby day or public awareness
events within assigned territory designed to promote the AHA/ASAs
advocacy agenda. Oversees in-district meeting efforts.
- Supports federal advocacy efforts in assigned territory, such
as identifying volunteers for Congressional meetings.
- Provides strategic guidance, technical assistance and on-going
support to metro-level Board, staff, and volunteers as they pursue
opportunities to advance the Associations public policy priorities
at the community level. Ensures the recruitment and integration of
these local volunteer efforts within Youre the Cure and ensures
that local grassroots activities adhere to applicable AHA policies
and activity reporting requirements.QualificationsWant to help get
your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelors Degree in Political Science, Communications, related
area, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in community
organizing and mobilization, volunteer management, public policy,
public health, government relations, or political and/or issue
- Ability to recruit, direct, mentor, monitor, and supervise
- Solid understanding of grassroots advocacy principles
- Ability to implement programs and initiatives by engaging all
key partners and constituents.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple,
sophisticated projects in varying stages of development under time
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, working with minimal
- Ability to travel overnight approx. 10% of the time.Here are
some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Experience with supporting coordinated campaign strategies-
media advocacy, grassroots mobilization, coalition-building, and
lobbying- to advance public policy goals.
- Basic understanding and skills to support social media
- Use and management of web-based grassroots action sites for
crafting campaigns, sending alerts, and managing volunteer and
- Knowledge of capacity building in the community.
- Knowledge of the legislative process at the federal, state, and
local level.So, are you ready to work for the largest voluntary
health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke,
and other cardiovascular diseases?Compensation & BenefitsThe
American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main
components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits
to see more details.
- Compensation Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base
salary. Thats why we regularly review the market value of jobs and
make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition You are rewarded for achieving
success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the
type of position.
- Benefits We offer a wide array of benefits including medical,
dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust
retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic
contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being,
we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness
program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development You can join one of our many Employee
Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional
mentoring program. HeartU is the Associations national online
university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your
needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization The Association offers Paid Time Off
(PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The
number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will
also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes
several days off at the end of the year.The American Heart
Associations 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a
full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the
American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for
all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care
access and quality.At American Heart Association - American Stroke
Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to
both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to
heart health and stroke prevention.This position not a match with
your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.EOE/Protected
Veterans/Persons with DisabilitiesLocation US-NC-CharlottePosted
Date 2 weeks ago (11/10/2022 12:19 PM)Requisition ID 2022-9391Job
Category AdvocacyAdditional Locations Diversity Distribution
SoutheastPosition Type Full TimeLocation: FL-Jacksonville
Keywords: American Heart Association, Jacksonville , Region Grassroots Manager, Southeast, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!