Apps Support Group Manager
Location: Orange Park
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Apps Support Group Manager is accountable for management of
complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and
directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive
understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they
interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function.
Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical
contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity.
Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to
one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication
skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior
level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable
for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources,
policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function.
Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources
for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple
teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to
include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary
actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of how apps support
integrates within the overall technology function to achieve
objectives; requires a good understanding of the industry.
- Vendor relationship management including oversight for all
offshore managed service.
- Improve the service level the team provides to our end users,
which includes maximizing operational efficiencies, strengthening
incident management, problem management and knowledge sharing
- Guide development teams on application stability and
- Formulate and implement a framework for managing capacity,
throughput and latency.
- Define and implemented application on-boarding guidelines and
- Work with various team members on coaching them on how to
maximize their potential, work better in a highly integrated team
environment and focus on bringing out their strengths.
- Drives continued cost reductions and efficiencies across the
portfolios supported by means of Root Cause Analysis reviews,
Knowledge management, Performance tuning, and user training
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes decisions on pay
increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions.
- Participates in business review meetings, relating technology
tools strategies to business requirements.
- Assures adherence to all support process and tool standards and
work with Management to create new and/or enhance processes to
ensure consistency and quality in "best practices" across the
overall support program
- Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across
functions); may communicate with external parties
- Management responsibility for a team or multiple teams,
including management of people, budget and planning, performance
evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and
terminations and budget approval.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as
effectively supervise the activity of others and create
accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Post-Graduation in relevant field preferred
- Senior to advanced level experience in an Apps Support role
with commensurate experience in people management.
- Experience of senior stakeholder management
- Project management with demonstrable results in improving IT
- Capacity Planning/Forecasting exposure a plus
- Effectively share information with other support team members
and with other technology teams
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholde
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
- At least 10+ years of hands on experience in various ETL / ELT
Engineering tools and tech stacks including Ab-Initio, SAS, Big
Data, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBASE, Teradata, Oracle, Mongo DB,
Redis. Strong knowledge and skills designing applications for
various Data Flows including Batch and Real-time based
- Leads the production batch jobs monitoring, issue triaging,
drives quick remediation.
- Collaborates with development team and leads service
- Supports the delivery of the L2 Service Delivery objectives for
- Assists with the compiling of the data for the service
performance against targets.
- Supports the development and on-going maintenance of Sr. Mgmt.
updates for Service Delivery activities.
- Facilitates the shift left of Level 3 activities to Level 2
activities to Level 1
- Responsible for execution of day-to-day service delivery
functions including the following:
- Incident Management: Performs incident triage, root cause
analysis, and collect and validate business impact.
- Service Management: Collaborates with Technology Organization
and manages service risk/maturity assessments and drives the
Service Improvement Plans.
- Knowledge Management: Develops/tests knowledge objects to
support increased L0, L1, and L2 resolution.
- Change Management: Review and approve changes.
- Capacity Management: Review capacity across service
- Continuity Management: Schedule and facilitate COB testing,
maintain recovery plans.
- Configuration Management: Build/update service
- Third Party Asset Management: Manage 3rd party asset management
- Service Readiness: This activity encompasses review of major
releases & new application install from very early stage of the
project/program, to ensure Risks are documented and remediated
before production Go Live.
- Service Risks: Ability to identify, document and Manage Service
Risks within Applications and effectively manage the resolutions of
- Monitoring: Collaborate and engage with various teams to enable
monitoring / observability of production services.
- Strong skill sets in ability to review architecture and propose
changes to mitigate & prevent Operational risks.
- Understand and have experience in performing Disaster recovery
scenarios for Applications and Infrastructure. -
Job Family Group:
Irving Texas United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$145,140.00 - $217,710.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful
applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto
Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Jacksonville , Apps Support Group Manager, Executive , Orange Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!