IT - Director IT Operations & Support
Company: Triad Financial Services, Inc. NMLS #1063
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Position Overview The Director of IT Operations is responsible for
the analysis, design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of
all facets of the Information Technology department. The Director
IT Operations plans, coordinates, and directs all daily operational
activities of these departments and provides direction and
solutions that enhance mission-critical operations of the IT
department. The Director IT Operations work closely with the Chief
Technology Officer and other key business decision-makers in
identifying and implementing cost-effective technology solutions
for all aspects of the business. This position provides the
strategy, leadership, and day-to-day management of the SiteOps and
Production Support departments inclusive of infrastructure,
software, hardware, networks, and security. The Director IT
Operations has the ultimate responsibility of identifying and
designing current and future technical solutions. Essential
Functions Leadership/Supervisory Role:
- A high-level departmental leader who develops and maintains the
IT department's strategic road map, ensuring that information
technology capabilities continually support the overall business's
goals and objectives.
- In conjunction with the information security team, creates and
implements IT policies and procedures that enable strong security
and risk-management capabilities.
- Explores new technologies and software as appropriate and in
conjunction with the Chief Technology Officer.
- Oversees the architecture and implementation of ongoing support
of the network, server, and communications infrastructure in order
to ensure high performance of the IT department.
- Shares responsibility with the information security team for
business continuity and disaster recovery within the department as
well as the recommendation and implementation of new investments
within the technology infrastructure.
- Assumes responsibility of oversight of the entire network and
system infrastructure ensuring proper configuration,
implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of security firewalls,
sites/software, servers, data and file encryption, and internet
- Plays a mentorship role to key Information Technology
personnel, promoting their professional growth, and readying them
for the occupation of his position in the future. Strategy and IT
- Plays a partnership role with Implementation and Software
engineering teams for coordination in the selection,
implementation, and upgrade of the business's software/applications
- Implements and documents a business recovery strategy for the
purpose of resuming operations of system architecture in the event
of a disaster.
- Partners with the information security team to establish
security architecture and implements procedures and controls that
ensure that information and data are secure and in compliance with
the security and storage regulations of the business.
- Further leads the process and team members in the analysis,
enhancement, and tailoring of current practices and existing
systems in order to increase operating efficiencies as well as
reduce and cut costs within the business.
- Works to ensure consistency and maintainability of existent
infrastructure environments through the creation, maintenance, and
enforcement of well documented standards and procedures for the
implementation of technical solutions.
- Establishes operational and capital budgets in order to address
the needs of various areas of the IT department, for example,
system infrastructure, security, networks, and databases.
- Ensures adherence to overall financial objectives of the
business and tracks the annual departmental expenditures and
directs the department's financial needs in conjunction with the
CTO and finance department. Collaboration and Support:
- Builds a collaborative culture within the department and
partners with various departments within the organization.
- Collaborate with the CTO and finance department in deciding the
IT department's financial needs as well as the financial allocation
amongst departmental teams.
- Works closely with the Chief Technology Officer in the business
technology planning process as well as the analysis of departmental
efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Works closely with the customer support team in gathering
consumer feedback and developing insights that will lead to the
improvement of IT services.
- Partners with the human resources department in determining the
criteria for hiring and recruitment of the IT department in order
to guarantee consistent and high departmental performance.
- Plays an analytical role, constantly assesses the effectiveness
of the existing sites, software/applications, data, and processes
developed by the department.
- Analyzes complex business requirements and makes
recommendations to the Chief Technology Officer for technical
solutions, ensuring that these solutions are aligned with the
overall business vision, mission, and direction. Knowledge:
- Plays a lead role in the maintenance of knowledge within the IT
department, coordinating the implementation of best practices and
the adoption of suitable trends while also keeping track of
licensing on all IT related items. Other Duties: The Director IT
Operations will perform similar duties as deemed appropriate for
the proper execution of duties and duties as assigned by the Chief
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, with degree
preferred in Computer Science or Information Technology systems
security or related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years within the last ten (10) years of
experience in the field related to the title of the position.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified
Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Knowledge of Information technology infrastructure library
(ITIL) (certification preferred) with respect to security
administration and information technology governance in a
- Experience in establishing cybersecurity and risk metrics for
- Strong Emotional Intelligence with demonstrated sustained
leadership in a large organization involving multiple
- Demonstrated management skills, e.g., budget development and
administration, policy development and implementation, personnel
administration, staff training and development
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse people; effective
oral and written communication skills. Minimum of five years of
experience with database reporting and analytics using Reporting
Services, Integration Services, and Analysis services. Minimum of
seven years of experience with Microsoft operating systems .
- Possesses an understanding of information systems, data
modeling, business intelligence, relational database design and
knowledge of how to access multiple information sources for
- Experience in on-prem and Azure Cloud data structure and
- Experience in developing ETL solutions for data warehouse loads
and system integrations using SSIS Packages
- Deep understanding of Data System Architecture and server based
programming or scripting languages such as C# or PowerShell.
- Ability to establish rapport and drive consensus and change at
all levels of the organization. PI202029022
Keywords: Triad Financial Services, Inc. NMLS #1063, Jacksonville , IT - Director IT Operations & Support, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!