Director, Athletics Communications
Company: FLAGLER COLLEGE INC
Location: Saint Augustine
Posted on: January 27, 2023
St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FL
4 Year Degree
$42,500.00 - $42,500.00
Media - Journalism - Newspaper
The Director, Athletics Communications is primarily responsible for
interactive media projects including graphic design and video
production while assisting the Assistant Athletics Director for
Sports Communication with day-to-day sports information duties.
- Develop creative video content for distribution on various
department social media outlets.
- Manage the Flagler athletics social media sites and create
unique graphics to enhance fan experience.
- Generate splash pages for the athletics website and maintain
all photographic content.
- Develop videos for interviews, facilities, highlights,
promotions and advertisements.
- Coordinate marketing efforts, in-game promotions and
advertisements of Flagler athletics game days.
- Create team posters, media brochures, media cards, game flyers,
info graphics and other promotional items.
- Manage Helper-Helper app to log team community service
- Manage the athletics portion of The Hammock.
- Assume sports information responsibilities for specific teams
- Responsible for in-game statistics, press releases, pregame
scripts and programs for assigned sports.
- Assist with broadcast production and video for all home
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with local, regional
and national media.
- Adheres to the core covenants of Flagler College Athletics,
which are: Professionalism, Teamwork, Accountability,
Sportsmanship, and Integrity.
- Adhere to the mission statements of Flagler College and the
Department of Athletics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in communications, sport management, journalism or
- Highly-motivated, driven, creative an organized professional
that works well with others, is highly relational and flourishes in
a high-paced, demanding environmental.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and
- Strong work ethic.
- Positive, enthusiastic approach to job responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team, placing
departmental and institutional priorities above personal
Experience working in communications within a collegiate athletics
department or related venue.
Familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud, StatCrew software and web
platforms (Sidearm, Presto).
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push,
pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involved sitting
most of the time and occasionally walking and standing.
Climbing, walking, crouching, repetitive motions, and ability to
communicate appropriately with students/colleagues.
Frequent hours outside the normal College work day, specifically
nights and weekends.
Works regularly outdoors and in tight space (press box, scorers
Flagler College provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital
status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other protected characteristic. In addition to
federal law requirements, Flagler College complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every location in which the College has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
Inquiries regarding discrimination on the basis of sex and gender
may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Assistant
Secretary for Civil Rights at the United States Department of
Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR), or both. Contact
information for the above referenced Title IX Coordinator and OCR,
as well as the Colleges Sexual Harassment Policy can be found here:
Keywords: FLAGLER COLLEGE INC, Jacksonville , Director, Athletics Communications, Executive , Saint Augustine, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!