Project Manager - K-12 Construction Experience
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Project Manager serves as the primary point of contact on one
project, or multiple smaller projects. They are responsible for all
aspects of the project(s) including project team performance, cost,
quality, schedule, and safety. Maintain relationships with Clients,
Architects, Consultants and Subcontractors. Daily activities are
conducted to promote the company's vision, mission and core values.
This is not an exhaustive list of requirements, duties and
responsibilities as duties may be added or change as the company
grows and the position evolves.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, construction
science, engineering, architecture, or related field from an
- 3 years as a construction manager or in a similar position in
construction project management.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
- Able to manage a team of employees and multiple projects.
- Experience at compiling and following strict budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Goal-oriented and organized leadership.
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better
- In-depth understanding of the construction industry.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft
Project and experience with Project Management software
- Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal building code
- Able to build solid relationships with team members, vendors,
- Responsible for contractual documents - contracts/schedules/pay
- Coordinates project team.
- Able to look ahead and foresee potential issues.
- Guide the timely approval of submittals and assist the
management team in identifying long lead items.
- Manage the close out process and ensure completion in a timely
and organized manner.
- Timely manage owner and subcontractor change orders.
- Attend project meetings, monitor accuracy of meeting minutes
and ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Write subcontracts in a timely manner.
- Supports the effectiveness of the project staff and
superintendent by facilitating continuous coordination.
- Monitors and maintains the construction schedule and takes
corrective action as required.
- Oversees quality control program implementation Adherence to
Quality Control Program.
- Coordinates the warranty effort and manages project warranty /
post occupancy issues.
- Timely manages the approval of subcontractor and vendor
invoices and manages Certified Payroll if required.
- Manages the ODP and LEED programs, if applicable.
- Assists senior managers in the administration and delivery of
- Timely submits application for payments to owners and monitors
- Writes Owner contract in a timely manner.
- Manages the permitting process and maintains all required
insurance and bonds.
- Understands and utilizes the Company Policy and Procedures
Manual and Best Practices Guidelines including Mastery Forms
- Participates in ongoing training efforts.
- Ensures workplace safety. Reports issues to project team
- Performs other functions as requested of them.
- Ensures client needs are exceeded throughout the course of
delivery. KEY QUALITIES OF A PROJECT MANAGER (LEVEL 1):
- Positive Attitude
- Inspires a shared vision - Holds team accountable
- Good Communicator - confident & professional at all times
- Competent plus accuracy & Quality of Work
- Ability to delegate task(s) CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Supervisory abilities.
- Self-starter and Proactive in work preparation and in avoiding
- Sound judgment.
- Collaborative with all stakeholders.
- Personal Courage.
- Provides effective group direction.
- Ability to define and assign tasks.
- Time management (ability to meet deadlines). FLSA
CLASSIFICATION AND HOURS:
- Exempt Level Position - This is a 40 hour a week, full-time
position. Days and hours of work are at minimum Monday through
Friday and you can expect to work normal business hours from 8AM to
5PM. Specific jobs may require hours to report in to work to change
based on project needs. This could mean you could report in to work
earlier or you may have to stay later. Changes in work hours will
be at sole discretion of direct supervisor. Position is based on
completion of work, not hours worked. Some occasional weekend and
after-hours work are required pending demands of the job and
projects assigned. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- 10% of time with occasional travel required to job sites and to
other CPPI satellite offices. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee, with or without reasonable
accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee may
be exposed to conditions that include weather such as heat and/or
humidity and cold, fumes or airborne particles, exposure to dust
and asphalt, and moving mechanical parts. There may be occasional
exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals. Conditions can also include
risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in
the work environment can often be moderately loud.
The Project Manager is regularly required to:
- Walk, climb stairs, sit, and stand.
- Talk and hear at normal levels.
- See with close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and have the ability to adjust
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Use hands and fingers to operate tools and other business
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
This job operates in a professional office environment with usual
office working conditions, free of disagreeable elements. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. On an occasional
basis, the employee may travel to and work at a job site location
or client office location and be in a trailer or other temporary
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
EEO STATEMENT: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each
person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: CPPI, Jacksonville , Project Manager - K-12 Construction Experience, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...