General Manager - R8D16 - Jacksonville, FL
Company: Pollo Tropical
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Be a Part of the Fiesta...
Come Join The Pollo Nation!
You will need an email account click here to create one if you do
not currently have one: Create Email Account
When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'.
By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications
and their statuses. Your password must contain 1 upper case letter,
1 number, and 1 special character.
Responsible for achieving the restaurant's annual sales and profit
plan. Directs the daily operation and maintenance of a single
assigned restaurant in accordance with established policies and
procedures. Operates in accordance with prescribed policies and
practices. Recruits and trains staff.
In accordance with the goals of the company, they are responsible
for managing all aspects of their restaurant including, but not
limited to: restaurant operations, financial performance,
management/staff development, customer satisfaction, quality
standards, sales & marketing, and general communications with
employees, vendors, customers, and corporate support staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures the restaurant is accountable for the successful
execution of all quality operating systems.
- Evaluates the performance and submits wage increases for hourly
team members. Initiates disciplinary action and/or termination for
hourly team members; responsible for reviewing discipline issued by
Assistant Manager for consistency and legal compliance. Initiates
disciplinary action and makes recommendation for termination of
assistant managers. Responsible for store Profit and Loss
- Supervise and direct subordinate staff (Assistant Manager and
hourly team members) to assure guests are treated promptly and
courteously; products are prepared as specified in both quality and
quantity and the restaurant is maintained properly. Adherence to
all standards for food safety and sanitation and make sure
restaurant is maintained in clean and attractive manner.
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, orientation and
training for Assistant Manager, Shift/Team Leaders as well as all
hourly team members. Establish and maintain staffing levels through
effective planning, which will help ensure the efficient operation
of the restaurant in accordance with company policy and the
respective state and federal laws.
- Ensures proper execution of all accounting functions and
complies with internal audit guidelines (i.e. checks signed on a
timely basis, proper invoice coding, coupons and voids, deposit
- Achieves all budgeted sales and EBITDA restaurant
- Conducts frequent evaluation updates and a formal, annual
performance review for all managers and staff outlining strengths,
opportunity areas, and merit recommendations.
- Responsible for execution of company marketing programs.
Ensures all procedures are communicated to Assistant Manager and
hourly team members for procedures related to all marketing
- Performs regular administrative tasks including: new hire
paperwork, all actions related to payroll (terminations, leave of
absence, transfers, etc.), inventory ordering, register and safe
audits, deposit of company funds, proper accounting of restaurant
funds, hourly employee schedules, management schedules, reporting
all guest and employee accidents. Responds, investigates and
resolves guest and employee complaints.
- Attend regularly scheduled restaurant, region and company
meetings, training sessions and stay current with all federal,
state and local certifications (alcohol, food safety, etc.).
Responsible for tracking of alcohol, food safety and other
certifications. Schedules assistants for market and company
meetings and training sessions and reviews upon their return.
- Responsible for weekly, monthly and quarterly inventory, and
research of store profit and loss statement. Responsible for
teaching Assistant Managers how to read, research and investigate
issues on the restaurant Profit and Loss statements and reacts to
any discrepancies and does proper research.
- Plans, coordinates and implements local store marketing
activities to promote products and services.
- Maintains proper follow through and execution of all Human
Resources administration and legal compliance including, but not
limited to: proper orientation, interviewing and hiring, new hire
documentation, counseling, performance reviews, HR audits,
- Other duties as assigned. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Will supervise restaurant staff of more than 15 team members
Will supervise management team of 1-2 managers (2 or more for
higher volume restaurants)
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge skill and / or ability.
EDUCATION and/or SKILS and EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree or Bachelor's degree in Business
Administration or Hospitality preferred. High School degree or
- Capable of adapting to business needs and solving problems
quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and exercise sound
- Ability to fluently understand Profit & Loss statements, costs
controls, and restaurant operations.
- Focuses on "over the top" guest service experiences.
- Demonstrates highly motivated, energetic, and engaging
- Minimum 5 years working in a restaurant environment, showing
career progression and verifiable results.
- Minimum 3 years as a General Manager of a quick casual or quick
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, and back of house
restaurant systems such as labor schedulers, inventory tracking
systems, ordering, etc.
- Ability to comfortably speak, write, and comprehend English in
a business setting. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must be able to perceive and react to the needs of others.
- Must be organized, flexible and able to deal with various
personalities. COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Basic computer skills
- Excel knowledge preferred PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required
to use hands to handle or feel, and also to reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Temperature controlled restaurant.
- The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
- Computer, fax, calculator, copier, phone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current employee, please apply using the internal
application process. Reach out to your manager for more
Keywords: Pollo Tropical, Jacksonville , General Manager - R8D16 - Jacksonville, FL, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!