Company: Venture Dynamics
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Project Managers ensure all project information being provided
by our customers is forwarded to all departments within our
company, and that all project data and information is regularly
entered into the appropriate management data systems for internal
- Implement Project Management processes and tools by
contributing to the process and providing guidelines to support the
- Assist the Planning Department in developing project proposals,
job estimates and schedules.
- Able to delegate responsibilities between Assistant Project
Managers assigned directly to the Project Manager, by contributing
input to Senior Leadership as a recommendation to who should make
up the Project Team.
- Able to assemble, plan, lead and facilitate regular
cross-functional Project Team meetings with company personnel, our
Sub Contractors, as well as representatives from our customers and
the US Navy.
- Able to develop detailed task list, work effort assessment,
including short and long-term resource allocation plans based on
inputs from Senior Managers and Team members.
- Able to identify changes in work scope to ensure appropriate
planning measures are being taken within the Planning, Estimating,
Production and Contracts Departments, including the customers
inputs for reassessing, renegotiating, and amending the scope of
work, schedules and budgets.
- Must be able to identify, assess and analyze with the Team, any
risk and/or issues that may compromise the successful completion of
the project, and develop plans/actions that will remove this risk.
Able to provide leadership when schedule / production conflicts may
occur and the Team is looking for resolution.
- Capable of leading 3 to 5 assigned Project Managers and/or
Assistant Project Managers.Typically has a BA/BS in Engineering,
Computer Science, Science or a related academic field or AA/AS plus
2 years directly related experience or 6 years directly related
experience. Preferred minimum of six (6) years of shipboard repair
experience within a Public or Private shipyard (Prior military
experience with the US Navy in an engineering or directly related
field would qualify).Project Manager Requirements:
- Experience in a shipyard environment preferred.
- Good reading, writing and verbal communication skills to
include public speaking.
- Good typing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Must have good speaking and listening skills. Able to
understand and speak English clearly.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and follow through on assigned
tasks with some supervision.
- Project Manager must be organized and use time wisely.
- Project Manager customer-service driven. H. Professional
appearance, business casual.
- Must be punctual and reliable, with a proven attendance
- Must have good work ethic and be able to maintain
- Must have own transportation
- Must be US Citizen
- Must pass drug and background screening and be eligible to
obtain a DBIDS badgeProject Manager Additional Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years' experience managing
technical personnel within complex activities or shipboard
- Must have experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft
Project, Excel, Word and Power Point while being able to navigate
in the computer server environment.
- Experience of working within a "Cost Type" or "Fixed Type"
Contract is a plus, but not a pre-requisite.
- Must have a valid driver's license, with reliable, insurable
transportation and willing to carry a "business" rider if necessary
while using this vehicle when accomplishing company business
- Able to gain access to Government facilities, and able to
obtain a Security clearance once employed.
- Able to work nights and weekends during peak workloads or as
requested by Senior Management. Must be willing to travel and
manage ship repair availabilities in remote, out-of-state locations
for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment- including a
Keywords: Venture Dynamics, Jacksonville , Project Manager, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!