Corporate Safety Manager (Savannah, GA)
Company: Georgia Ports Authority
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Corporate Safety Manager Safety is the first value of Georgia Ports and the company strives to ensure Port employees and customers have a safe and efficient environment to work in. To that end, the Corporate Safety Manager, under the supervision of the Director of Strategic Operations and Safety, is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of GPA's safety standards, policies, programs and culture. Exceptional benefits package includes:
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Vacation/Holidays Bonus Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance and recommendations to GPA staff and management necessary for the development, implementation, and ongoing management of GPA's comprehensive safety program.
- Collaborates with GPA Police and Port Security personnel to development, implementation, and management of emergency response plans to protect the employees and assets of the GPA.
- Performs departmental safety audits to ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures, as well as, Environmental Health and Safety organizations including United States Coast Guard Port Safety and Department of Transportation Public Safety.
- Maintains current and critical knowledge of industry safety standards including standards relative to the marine terminal environment and ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory bodies and standards.
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets statistical data relating to exposure factors, accidents, and incidents for the purpose of identifying hazards and developing effective preventative measures.
- Coaches and provides guidance for GPA's departmental safety management representatives to assist with the development and application of the organization's safety control efforts.
- Provides safety training and orientation for management and employees as required.
- Revises and updates GPA safety material and safety manuals.
- Assists with the investigation of industrial accidents to determine causation and develop preventative measures.
- Leads Risk Assessment, Root Cause, and Near-Miss investigations and directs corrective actions.
- Compiles, prepares, and presents safety performance metrics and reporting as needed.
- Coordinates, schedules, and leads staff and management safety meetings.
- Assists with the development of safety program promotion and incentive programs necessary to help ensure management and employee involvement with, and support of, GPA's safety efforts.
- Develops, implements, and ongoing management of GPA's safety related communications and promotions.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements GPA's management safety training program.
- Actively participates in industry related safety committees in an effort to cultivate safety improvement on Georgia's deepwater facilities.
- Works with internal and external partners to develop community wide safety outreach programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the marine terminal operations and freight transportation safety regulatory bodies.
- Must have the ability to develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive tactical and strategic safety program.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate projects required.
- Ability to work independently and prepare staff level recommendations and/or presentations required.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and professionally with the GPA staff on all levels as well as customers and the public required.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to exercise positive leadership with people required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes desired. Education and/or Experience:
- Four-year college degree in Safety Engineering, Environmental Health and Safety, or related field required.
- Three years of related work experience desired.
- Prior management experience desired. Other Requirements:
- Must meet the criteria for and obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Valid state driver's license required.
Keywords: Georgia Ports Authority, Jacksonville , Corporate Safety Manager (Savannah, GA), Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!