eCommerce Creative Manager
Company: Stein Mart
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Overview We are--- Stein Mart is a national off-price retailer offering designer and name-brand fashion apparel, home d--cor, accessories, and shoes at everyday discount prices. Stein Mart provides real value that customers love in over 280 stores across the United States and online. Apply today and join the team! At Stein Mart, our purpose is to inspire our customers to look and feel special while saving money. Six values support our purpose, guide our behavior and smartly move us along our path to accomplishing our goals. Embracing this purpose and demonstrating these values will bring out the best in us every day and our customers will feel special every time they interact with us. We value... Hospitality We are welcoming, friendly and look for ways to make you feel special High Standards We are accountable for our actions and challenge ourselves to proactively improve Urgency We move with speed and purpose to achieve success Caring We are kind and concerned for the well-being of every person Bold We are empowered to be innovative and resourceful Simplicity We make things easy for people to shop and work with us **Please NO 3rd party resume submittals for this position.** Responsibilities
- Operational responsibility for managing the eCommerce creative team: Lead, inspire and motivate the creative team ensuring their growth and success while delivering compelling, consistent, on-brand design solutions. Manage the team's workload. Creative work is completed for a responsive design site using a mobile first perspective.
- Set the vision, review, provide feedback and ensure a high standard that aligns with the corporate marketing campaign and branding. You will own the content calendar, content strategy, creative direction, style guide and design quality standards.
- Organize workflow by planning and prioritizing work based on critical factors, managing time efficiently to ensure meeting deadlines, being self-motivated and comfortable performing multiple tasks and maintaining an effective production process.
- Supervise and direct work by developing systems and practices to increase productivity and efficiencies; giving specific feedback and direction to staff; ensuring adherence to relevant policies and procedures; clearly communicating expectations and goals; understanding department workflow and its relation to the work of other departments.
- Develop a collaborative team focus by building relationships that will foster a healthy team environment; promoting cooperation among staff; using effective questioning techniques; keeping an open mind and being creative when solving problems; developing a common understanding of goals and work; creating a shared team vision and setting team goals.
- Make decisions and solve problems by using analytical thinking and judgement skills to identify potential problems and develop appropriate solutions, compiling and thoroughly evaluating all relevant information and understanding how decisions impact others.
- Work in partnership with the Merchandising teams on content needs and determines how to best solve the objective to drive the highest conversion. Collaborates with the Marketing team and eCommerce photography for digital asset needs for the season.
- Utilizing web analytics data, create new or updated site templates to best reflect the brand and objective.
- Stay current on design trends, innovations, and technological developments as well as competitive site design. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Design, Visual Arts, Advertising or similar
- 4+ years in digital design experience (UI), preferably in retail
- 3+ yrs. technical knowledge in programming, coding, testing, and debugging
- Management experience: 2+ years
- Project management experience a plus
- Knowledge in digital media formats used for interactive media, auto and video.
- Deep functional knowledge with Content Management Systems.
- Strong command of typography, color, composition and hierarchy; understanding how these elements work together to form a quality design solution.
- An inspiring portfolio of mobile and web-based projects that highlights your ability to:
- A. Turn an idea into a visual piece
- B. Bring new ideas to fruition
- C. Highlights your approach to problem solving as well as solutions
- Must have experience in building and maintaining content that is ADA Level AA compliant.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
Keywords: Stein Mart, Jacksonville , eCommerce Creative Manager, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!