DIRECTOR OF DINING SERVICES SR
Company: Morrison Community Living
Posted on: January 15, 2019
- We have an opening for a--SR DIRECTOR OF DINING SERVICES--position.
- Location: JACKSONVILLE, FL--Note: online applications accepted only.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Working for Morrison Community Living is more than a job - it's a calling. We are the leading provider of dining, nutrition, wellness and community services to America's senior living communities. From our sustainable food practices and innovative culinary programs - to housekeeping, plant operations and landscaping, we enrich the lives of seniors every day. To do that, we need the best and brightest to work with us. We're seeking talented people who have a passion for seniors. We're making a difference every day. Are you ready to join us?
Full time associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
We are seeking a Director of Dining Services that will be responsible to lead the overall operation of the dining services department in a senior living community in city, state.
- Responsibility for ensuring the food offered to the residents, guests, and employees of the community is of superior quality.
- Directs and conducts safety, sanitation, and maintenance programs
- Maintains excellent relationships with residents, guests, client, and dining department staff
- Onboarding, training, promoting professional growth, and development of the dining services team
- Leadership of all aspects of departmental financial accountability
- Maintains department in "inspection ready" state at all times
- Bachelor's degree in Food Service Management or related field; or Associate's degree plus five years of directly related experience- preferred
- Three to five years of senior living experience- preferred
- Five plus years of direct foodservice operational management experience in a fine dining/hotel/country club setting
- Experience with state, federal and local regulatory agency inspections
- Excellent knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Excellent customer services skills
- Experience with P&L accountability- highly desirable
- Contract-managed service experience -highly desirable
- ServSafe-- certified
- Certified Dietary Manager certificate - required
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.--Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.--*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 233988
Keywords: Morrison Community Living, Jacksonville , DIRECTOR OF DINING SERVICES SR, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!