VP of Implementation Services
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Since its founding in 2009, iMobile3 (a COMPANY company) has established itself as the go-to provider for customizable software products and enterprise-level professional services to the payments industry. As the mobile industry has evolved, so has our company. App store concepts have not only changed consumer-driven technology, it has also changed the game for commerce-driven software.iMobile3 delivers custom enterprise-level payment and mobile software solutions for some of the top brands on the planet, specializing in white label point of sale systems, mobile applications, digital marketing solutions, and curated marketplaces to help our clients and their merchants retain, grow and engage with their customers.With more than 550 combined years of enterprise mobility design, integrated payments, and software development experience, our team customizes our white labeled commerce platform for each and every client.? Our clients and partners appreciate our story, and the experience we bring to our projects.From Fortune 500 clients to the small neighborhood mom and pop shop, everyone needs software solutions that work for their business. iMobile3 believes that the optimal software solution isn?t one you buy and hope works, but rather, a solution that you helped customize to meet your needs.What Part Will You Play
- As Vice President of Implementation Services, you?ll work closely with our leadership team to build a world-class engineering group. You?ll be a ?player-coach,? focused on attracting and developing engineering talent, but also staying hands-on in the technology to oversee the development of an outstanding product and customer experience.
- The successful candidate will be a seasoned technology executive able to work effectively with technologists and business executives alike. You?ll have a proven track record of building and scaling engineering organizations.
- Working cross functionally with a broad set of partners, you will apply keen technical understanding, appreciation for simplicity, quality, and critical thinking. Your leadership will be instrumental in driving organizational change as we move the team to a more agile development framework that enables faster time to value across our product portfolio.
- You will be a peer and counterpart of our VP of Engineering for our Point of Sale product lines.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Hire, mentor, develop and retain top-notch engineering talent. Presently, the position has on the order of 20-25 employees reporting into it.
- Create effective full-stack software development teams focused on the agile delivery of value for our customers.
- Work with and oversee Architects responsible for our technical vision.
- Inspired by industry best practices and sound principles, drive constant innovation through Architecture, Database, Engineering, and DevOps teams.
- With a focus on pragmatism and simplicity, understand the trade-offs between performance, scale, and business value.
- Build a collaborative, transparent culture of trust where team members are empowered and inspired to do their best work, and drive learning and employee advancement.
- Collaborate closely with the executive team as well as cross-functional teams to deliver great products and solve customer problems as needed.
- Support the product team and planning process to deliver great products and ensure all deadlines and needs of the business are being met.
- Maintain and improve agile processes collaboratively with the teams and enable new development techniques or processes to reduce complexity, promote quality, and increase velocity.
- Help engineers grow in their own career paths, learning new technologies and tackling increasingly challenging projects.
- Drive efficiency in your teams by eliminating blocks and focusing efforts on tooling, continuous integration/delivery and maintainable automation testing.
- Foster a culture of operational excellence in your teams through real time monitoring and alerting.
- Create and support a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Able to coordinate the development of cross-team features between engineering teams, product managers and our technical operations team.Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience in software development management.
- 3+ years as a Director of Engineering or above with a span of control at or above 20 engineers, testers, DBAs, technical operations personnel, or similar.
- A strong background in object-oriented programming- Java, C#, Objective-C or C++.
- Experience with database technologies - SQL, database design, message-oriented-middleware, caching, and systems integration.
- Hands on experience implementing scalable software platforms.
- Experience contributing to establishment of Software Configuration Management practices.
- Experience mentoring new managers on building productive engineering teams.
- Establishing and/or managing DevOps cultures and supporting roles.
- Establishing and/or managing testing functions.
- Experience with designing, building and deploying secure, scalable services in the SaaS environments.
- Fluency in Agile or Lean software practices.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (eg. AWS or Azure) is preferred.
- Experience with Containers is preferred.
- Experience with API management is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Keywords: ExecuNet, Jacksonville , VP of Implementation Services, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!