Sr. IT Project Manager for PFC
Company: Software Guidance & Assistance
Posted on: February 16, 2019
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an Sr. IT Project Manager for PFC for a Contract assignment with one of our premier Insurance clients in Jacksonville, FL . Responsibilities :
- Manage projects with internal and external dependencies, moderate scope, risk of moderate severity & impact, integration within functional capabilities, moderate cost and typically longer duration within more than one team of resources.
- Identify & resolve discrepancies in planned costs versus actual cost and overall financial management for assigned projects.
- Responsible for developing and reviewing/validating multiple project plans and approving plans.
- May mentor Jr. IT Project Managers.
- Understands the need for Business Case/ROI and ensures its completion.
- Participates in change initiatives including tasks and initiatives outside of specific job duties such as BRM workgroups.
- Responsible for developing and reviewing detailed project plans and tracking financial information.
- Communicate project status to project team, stakeholders' leadership and Program Managers associated with other projects.
- Advise project team, customers, and staff on tactical solutions to dealing with barriers within a project.
- Accountable for active facilitation of project issue resolution, change, risk and dependency management.
- Accountable for project delivery including meeting time, budget and quality standards and customer expectations.
- Leads project meetings.
Required Skills :
- Required work experience: 5+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education in IT project management.
- Required Management experience: No supervisory/management experience required
- Required Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work; preferably in an IT related field.
- Required Certifications: PMP - Project Mgmt. Professional
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of labor, cost management and project tracking and management tools such as MS Project.
- Advanced proficiency of SDLC disciplines and Agile methodology disciplines.
- Thorough understanding of the concepts, theories and processes of the Project Management Methodology (PMM).
- Thorough understanding of business processes, functions and architectures.
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Broad knowledge of IT functions.
- Ability to Lead/Facilitate Core team or Steering meetings to obtain schedule, issues, risk , and dependency updates.
- Ability to document meeting minutes, action items from project status meetings.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
Preferred Skills :
- Agile Scrum Master experience
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Yellow belt on Lean Six Sigma principles
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at . - provided by Dice Agile, CASE, Consulting, HTTP, Inquire, Manager, Management, PMP, Project, Project Management, Project Manager, Scrum, SDLC
Keywords: Software Guidance & Assistance, Jacksonville , Sr. IT Project Manager for PFC, Executive , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!