RN-Patient Navigator, Ortho/Musculoskeletal
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: September 14, 2020
We Are Hiring
As an RN-Patient Navigator with St. Vincent's HealthCare-FL, you
will have the opportunity to serve as a patient navigator
throughout the continuum of care.
* Orthopedics and/or Musculoskeletal experience required
Schedule: M-F 8 AM - 5 PM and as needed
* Serves as the primary point of contact between the patient, their
family members and the care team.
* Manages the transition of patients across the continuum of care,
or within a specific clinical setting.
* Provides Initial and on-going care coordination across all
providers as patient transitions through surgical continuum.
* Ensures appropriate pre-op preparation and support for every
* Collaborates and assists in the coordination of patient care with
other health care professionals, including non-affiliated community
resources, if necessary.
* Follows-up with patient and other providers to discuss the
patient's response to treatment.
* Provides accurate, on-going documentation of navigation and care
coordination activities on each patient.
* Facilitates communication between patients and healthcare
* Provides pre- and post-op education and educational resources to
patients and their families.
* Supports the patient and family in coping with the psychological
aspects of their surgery.
* Refers as appropriate to collaborative care areas.
* Eliminates barriers in order to optimize patient care.
* Provides community education to raise public awareness.
* Serves as a source of feedback for active review of program
protocols, care plans and service offerings.
* Assists in the collection and analysis of data, metrics and other
information to populate and manage the departmental scorecard
* Serves as a clinical resource to non-clinicians, as
* Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process
includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary
caregiver(s) at their level (developmental age, educational,
Performs all functions according to established policies,
procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as
applicable professional standards. Provides all customers with an
excellent service experience by demonstrating behaviors consistent
with the culture of the organization every day. Will strive to
uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They
will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered,
service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
* Required Credential(s):
* Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
* Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
* Must possess knowledge as normally obtained through the
completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing.
* Orthopedics and/or Musculoskeletal experience required
* Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 3 years
* Requires excellent organizational skills and clinical knowledge
regarding specialty care services, as well as care coordination of
services, legal and financial aspects of diagnostic services and
health services in specialty area.
* Requires effective communication and writing skills, good time
management skills and knowledge of word processing and database
* Requires the ability to teach both clinical and non-clinical
personnel regarding care and diagnostics services.
* Also requires a good understanding of process improvement..
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. Vincent's, based in Jacksonville, Florida, has served
the people of Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia since 1873.
It is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta
and Orlando. From its humble beginning to its current status as a
regional healthcare system, Ascension St. Vincent's is widely
recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In
FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons
living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age,
disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier
status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and
Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an
Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to
all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including
volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Jacksonville , RN-Patient Navigator, Ortho/Musculoskeletal, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!