Supervisor Sterile Processing (FT) - First Coast Orthopedic Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Location: US-FL-Jacksonville# of Openings: 1Category:
Technician/Clinical UnlicensedSystem ID: 13318Overview
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced Sterile Processing Lead/Supervisor
who is a dependable, detail-oriented, skilled problem solver that
has a collaborative, friendly working style.
The Sterile Processing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring high
quality sterilization of instruments and equipment. The SPD Lead
will work with the SPD team to ensure each teammate is competent to
perform all duties in SPD- such as decontamination, correct tray
assembly, and sterile processing of all instrumentation used in the
operating room. The candidate must have impeccable communication
skills when working with OR Charge Nurse and OR teams. The ideal
candidate must have a working knowledge of regulatory standards for
universal precautions, sterilization methodologies, and regulatory
standards for biological monitoring.
- Maintains area/department in an orderly/organized fashion.
- Creates schedule for department to ensure coverage for each
- Knowledge of sterilization procedures, aseptic technique, and
maintenance and care of instruments and equipment.
- Knowledge of standards and engages in practices and procedures
of sterile technique.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use
and returns it to the proper area, in appropriate sequence, for
storage and/or processing.
- Differentiates sterilization and disinfection methods required
for specific instruments and equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers,
high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, and other designated
- Demonstrates ability to understand use, function,
interpretation, documentation, and record-keeping of chemical and
biological indicators related to instrument and equipment
sterilization and low, intermediate, and high-level disinfection
- Completes and verifies all documentation is accurate and up to
date and in accordance with established standards.
- Cleans, wraps, sterilizes, and disinfects instruments and
equipment and maintains the functions of the instrument processing
- Perform weekly inventory of processing supplies and notifies
appropriate personnel of order needs.
- Continues assigned daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly
routines, including requirements with reports, logs and related
- Assists teammates with daily preparation for current and future
facility schedules (pulling cases and assembling supplies) as
- Is available to assist all areas of facility as needed and
- Demonstrates flexibility in assuming duties and
- Assists in room turnover when needed and as assigned.
- Completes all employee/patient incident documentation in a
thorough and timely manner, as required by facility policy and
according to management guidance.
- Practices infection control and standard precautions as
instructed or trained.
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room/procedure
room for surgery/procedures as directed.
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares rooms with
supplies and equipment as assigned and directed by management.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
- Certification in Sterile Processing highly preferred
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- 4 Years of Sterile Processing Experience required
- 1-2 years as Lead Technician/Supervisor preferred
- Knowledge of typical OR equipment required
- Must be personable, friendly, and exhibit flexibility and
positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and maintain regular
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates PI128635758
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Jacksonville , Supervisor Sterile Processing (FT) - First Coast Orthopedic Center, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!