Certified Surgical Tech Full Time Days
Company: Adventist Health System
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job Description Description YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME
WITH YOUR APPLICATION! Certified Surgical Technician - AdventHealth
- Celebration Location Address: 400 Celebration Pl Celebration, FL
34747 Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Celebration
- Established in 1997 and now a 203 bed hospital
- Designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a
cornerstone of health in Disney's planned community of
- The hospital consistently delivers a state of the art healing
environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake
Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and
the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking,
research-driven clinicals solutions that integrate mind, body and
spirit in the defeat of illness and disease Work Hours/Shift: Full
Time Days, Plus Call Required Qualifications Job Summary: Under
general supervision, a surgical scrub technician/nurse assists with
the patient care in surgery by performance of technical and other
delegated duties. Functions as a member of the surgical team, as a
scrub person by providing care to surgical patients of age specific
groups identified in the unit standards of care (may include
neonate to geriatric). Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate
Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable
local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively
participates in outstanding customer service and accepts
responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally
respectful to all. What You Will Need:
- Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology
and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or the National Center for
Competency Testing (NCCT). Completion of a RN training program will
be accepted in place of certification.
- BLS Certification
- If LPN, must have current, valid State of Florida license as a
Licensed Professional Nurse. Additional Surgical Technician
certification not required.
- Basic aseptic/sterile technique skills
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation You Will Be Responsible
For: Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's core Values of
Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It.
- Performs the role of surgical scrub by anticipating the needs
of the surgeon and keeping the circulating nurse informed of any
needs throughout a procedure. Ensures that all supplies, equipment,
and medications are assembled prior to the procedure.
- Is innovative in maintaining high standards and quality in the
facilitation of cost savings and containment.
- In an efficient and organized manner, assists team with safe
and appropriate operating room turnover times. Directs ancillary
personnel participating in room turnover. Provides assistance and
support as needed to members of the surgical team.
- Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical
environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation,
training, and the education of new personnel.
- Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in
emergency situations, being aware of and controlling hazards which
may endanger patients, visitors, and employees. Identifies and
reports environmental concerns to the management team. Ensures
adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and FH policy and
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and
performs hand washing according to policy. Strictly adheres to all
infection control practices and diligently monitors aseptic
technique of the entire surgical team. Takes immediate corrective
action for breaks in technique. This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: Adventist Health System, Jacksonville , Certified Surgical Tech Full Time Days, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!