RN Baylor Community Hospice & Palliative Care - Jacksonville, FL
Company: Community Hospice & Palliative Care
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Under the supervision of the Manager and the direction of the
Primary Nurse, provides direct patient care in the home during
- Follows Nursing Plan of Care and Medication Administration as
designated by the Primary RN/Admission/Liaison RN for crisis
- Has working knowledge of medication administration and adverse
reactions of medication interaction
- Documents relevant to the medication administration, narcotic
administration, and accountability and destruction of medications
following patient death
- Follows Nursing Plan of Care for total patient care including
bathing, ambulation, feeding, administration of medications and
treatments, teaching, and death/discharge process
- Has working knowledge of Central and Peripheral IV lines,
pumps, IV medication administration and TPN
- Implements documentation relevant to Continuous Care criteria
and death/discharge process
- Charts patient condition/changes every 2 hours during shift
- Supervises and ensures all patient/family needs are met
- Provides patient care in accordance with Physician's
orders/Plan of Care
- Implements and documents relevant to medication administration,
treatment/procedures, continuous care criteria and death/discharge
- Ensures use and understanding of universal precautions and
adheres to infection control policies/procedures
- Provides a safe environment for patients
- Consults with the patient's Physician and the Primary RN/
- Supervisor when necessary
- Provides and reviews family teaching per plan of care
- Attends team meetings and support meetings whenever
- Pursues professional growth through academic and continuing
- Other duties as assigned
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- Current CPR certification
- Current State of Florida driver's license with driving record
acceptable to Community Hospice of Northeast Florida insurance
carrier and reliable transportation.
- Possession of a degree from a diploma nursing program or a
Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in acute care setting,
oncology, or home health care setting.
- Skilled at t eaching, communication and listening skills,
assessment skills, central/peripheral IV skills, working within the
framework of a multidisciplinary team.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Home care position for 8 to 12 hour shifts.
- Use of own vehicle required.
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
Keywords: Community Hospice & Palliative Care, Jacksonville , RN Baylor Community Hospice & Palliative Care - Jacksonville, FL, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!