Wound Care Nurse, Full-Time
Company: Brooks Rehabilitation
Posted on: January 15, 2022
For 50 years, Brooks Rehabilitation, headquartered in
Jacksonville, Fla., has been a comprehensive source for physical
rehabilitation services. As a nonprofit organization, Brooks
operates one of the nation's largest inpatient rehabilitation
hospitals in the U.S. with 160 beds, one of the region's largest
home healthcare agencies, 40 outpatient therapy clinics, a Center
for Inpatient Rehabilitation in partnership with Halifax Health in
Daytona Beach, the Brooks Rehabilitation Medical Group, two skilled
nursing facilities, assisted living and memory care. Brooks will
treat more than 60,000 patients through its system of care each
year. In addition, Brooks operates the Clinical Research Center,
which specializes in research for stroke, brain injury, spinal cord
injury and more to advance the science of rehabilitation. Brooks
also provides many low or no cost community programs and services
such as the Brooks Clubhouse, Brooks Aphasia Center and Brooks
Adaptive Sports and Recreation to improve the quality of life for
people living with physical disabilities. Brooks Rehabilitation
proudly employs over 2,500 clinicians and staff across the state of
Florida. We are looking for exceptional people to join our culture
of caring and bring our mission to life.
Responsible for the management of patients with skin
Completes wound care assessments, develops appropriate plans of
care, and initiates wound care regimens.
- Conducts wound rounds per hospital policy.
- Maintains a current list of patients with skin care needs.
- Renders direct care to wound care patients as time permits
(pressure ulcers, vacs and ostomy patients).
- Ensures that all photos are taken on admission and on a weekly
- Assists bedside nurses with complex wound treatments.
- Updates wound protocols according to evidence-based
- Follows appropriate universal precautions during the delivery
- Uses proper lifting and body mechanics during delivery of
- Administers wound care medications per hospital policy and
licensure regulations and completing the appropriate
- Learns new practices, services, regulations programs and shares
responsibility for gaps in product, practice or regulatory
- Networks with hospital staff and peer-level staff to share best
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively and performs
- Successfully completes all assigned training and annual skills
competency as determined by the hospital, based on
responsibilities, specialized equipment , high risk/problem
prone/or low volume procedures including but not limited to
emergency response techniques.
- Coordinates biannual Incidence and Prevalence studies for
- Participates in shared governance quality and safety
- Considers patient/customer comfort and need to control when
planning and delivering patient care.
- Promptly responds to the needs of patient, families, staff and
- Demonstrates commitment to superior customer experiences with a
service oriented attitude.
- Respects and considers patient/family preferences, goals and
privacy when planning/delivering care.
- Builds strong relationship with coworkers and other staff,
recognizing individual talents and perspectives.
- Assumes full patient assignment if deemed necessary.
- Provides clinical education and training to enhance wound care
skills of the bedside nurses staffing monthly time slots in the SIM
- Coordinates weekly wound visits and stages pressure injuries.
Takes weekly photo when staging pressure injuries.
- Works with dedicated stager group to maintain interrater
- Sees wound care consults patients/prioritizing new admission
Registered Nurse with a State of Florida license and BSN level of
- WCC certification required.
- Member of the Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Brooks University Crossing_ 0043
Keywords: Brooks Rehabilitation, Jacksonville , Wound Care Nurse, Full-Time, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!