Women's Obstetrical Educator RN
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Obstetrical Educator Registered Nurse AdventHealth OcalaLocation
Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471Top Reasons To Work At
- Up to 15K Sign on Bonus and Relocation Assistance
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa,
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to
Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services,
with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the countyWork Hours/Shift:Full
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Facilitates annual education needs assessment for all
Obstetrical clinical staff. Systematically evaluates the quality
and effectiveness of professional development practices.
- Develops programs for department or group specific needs, to
respond to trends identified via quality reporters, and based on
identified educational needs and staff/leadership requests. Program
development includes, but is not limited to: Clinical ladder
program, preceptor program, and RN residency program, new employee
training program, performance and compliance competency program,
student/school affiliation program, hourly rounding, and critical
- Conducts L/D emergency drills 2 times a year inclusive of Ob
MD, neonatologist, anesthesia and NICU staff.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the target audience
and the learner needs.
- Analyzes content of educational materials for best-practice or
- Identifies the general purpose and educational objectives for
each learning activity as evidenced by clearly defined objectives
and purpose for the learning activity. Identifies expected outcomes
that incorporate scientific evidence and are achievable through
implementation of evidence-based practices.
- Participates in and uses evidence-based research to identify
strategies for improving professional development activities,
nursing practice and patient outcomes
- Identifies and collaborates with content experts to develop
activities to facilitate learners' achievement of the educational
objectives. Leads a team or committee in the development of an
evidence-based protocol or program, either within area of specialty
or organization wide.
- Ensures that the planned educational activities are achieved as
evidenced by development of course outlines and curriculum.
- Provides learning activities for clinical staff at least 4
times per year as evidenced by competency skills fairs, orientation
classes, in-services, Resource Nurse training, joint commission
fairs, safety fairs, and continuing education programs.
- Conducts an annual educational survey and uses information to
plan programs requested by staff.
- Conducts a comprehensive evaluation of the education/program
- Evaluates effectiveness of activity and makes appropriate
changes to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Uses the results of evaluation analysis to make or recommend
process or structural changes, including policy, procedure,
protocols, or documentation.
- Facilitates unit based or organizational competency validation,
specific to cultural/spiritual needs, by developing skill content
to be tested or acts as content expert and validates
- Develops creative educational offering for staff, focused on
cultural diversity and sensitivity and participates in the
- Supports the safe practice of clinical staff by providing
expertise in the review and revision or writing of new policy
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Bachelor's Degree or related specialty field
- 5 years of labor and delivery experience
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Florida, or
licensure from another state with verification of application and
eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- NRP, BLS, ACLS
- Fetal Monitoring and NRP instructor with in 6 months
Job Summary:Plans, teaches, and evaluates programs for all clinical
staff. Responsible for orientation development, implementation, and
evaluation. Participates in organizational teams and committees
that plan, evaluate and implement educational offerings and
programs that promote increased skill, knowledge, and professional
development. Provide expertise in the development of educational
offerings and implementation of educational programs. Acts as
liaison to local schools of nursing and provides input for student
clinical experiences. Participates in and uses evidence-based
practice and research to promote professional development. Works
with clinical managers and Director of Quality to identify
education needs, implements programs to meet clinical staff
educational needs. Promotes staff development and advancement of
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Jacksonville , Women's Obstetrical Educator RN, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!