Patient Placement Coordinator RN PRN
Company: Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Do you have the career opportunities as a Transfer Center
Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinatoryou want in your
current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the
nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they
need. At the North Florida Division Transfer Center, we offer an
array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several
add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to
you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator, where
your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued?
If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this
could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and
The HCA North Florida Transfer Center handles the patient movement
and logistics for over 40 HCA hospitals and free-standing emergency
rooms across a 3 state region including Florida, Georgia, and South
Carolina. Located in Jacksonville, Florida, our mission is to
assist in the clinical placement and movement of critical patients
both into and out of our facilities providing timely access to care
for our patients when minutes matter the most. The transfer center
is staffed 24/7 with seasoned clinical professionals who
collaborate between physicians, hospitals, and other immediate
health care settings to coordinate the timely movement of high
acuity patients such as STEMI, stroke, trauma, neonatal care, and
so forth. Our team is committed to the care and improvement of
human life; impacting over 100,000 patients annually through
support to hospital staff both for our HCA facilities and other
facilities locally or in outlying markets.
As a member of our team:
- You will be responsible for coordinating direct admissions and
hospital transfers to an appropriate HCA Division hospital.
- You will coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA Division
hospitals to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
- You will work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call
center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic
database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and
- You will efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital
transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care
issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- You will work collaboratively with HCA facilities to manage all
internal and external patient movements and the allocation of bed
- You will accept all hospital transfers. Must be proficient in
- You will apply your nursing knowledge derived from education
and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical
data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation,
communication, and accurate documentation.
- You will facilitate inner facility transfers, maintaining
communication with all parties including but not limited to
attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- You will communicate with physicians and outlying facilities if
placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Use
problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action,
which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the
- You will be responsible for documenting and tracking all
hospital transfers and transports.
- You will assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and
analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and
implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- You will exhibit excellent customer relationship skills
including telephone and personal contact with all of the call
center's customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs,
nurses, vendors and fellow employees, etc.
- You will establish and maintains a high degree of awareness and
knowledge of participating HCA hospital's medical staff, services
and special programs
Education and Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state
- Minimum 3 years acute care RN experience
- BSN or Bachelor's degree in nursing
- 2 years of Critical Care nursing to include ED, ICU and/or
House Supervisor experience
Our Transfer Center team are committed to providing streamlined
access to the right facility at the right time for every patient,
every day, throughout the continuum of care. Join us in our efforts
to better our community.
At HCA Healthcare we recognize the significant responsibility we
have as a leading healthcare provider within each of the
communities we serve, as well as the opportunity we have to improve
the lives of the patients for whom we are entrusted to care.
Through the compassion, knowledge and skill of our caregivers and
our unique ability to leverage our scale and innovation, HCA
Healthcare is a learning health system that uses our approximately
35 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve
patient care and save lives.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered
Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville, Jacksonville , Patient Placement Coordinator RN PRN, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!