Registered Nurse (RN)- Brooks Home Health, Full-Time, Weekends - Home Health
Company: Brooks Rehabilitation
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Registered Nurse (RN)- Brooks Home Health, Full-Time,
Demonstrates critical thinking in application of the nursing
* Utilizes basic physical and psychosocial skills by identifying
actual/potential nursing/clinical problems based on
bio-psycho-social- spiritual assessment data of the client and
their families or caregivers and documents findings.
* Initiates and establishes comprehensive individualized nursing
plan of care within 24 hours, reflecting admission through
* Develops patient centered goals , in collaboration with clients,
their families and the rehabilitation team that are oriented to
wellness behavior, are reality based, encourage socialization with
others and promote maximal independence for patients with
disabilities or chronic conditions .
* Develops and documents the teaching and discharge plan including
complex and needs of patient and family. Documents progress
according to outcomes.
* Designs and implements the nursing plan of care and treatment
strategies based on scientific nursing theory related to self-care
and that promote physical, psychosocial and spiritual health.
* Applies nursing research to clinical practice and utilizes
evidence based practice guidelines and interventions that are
* Independently completes all appropriate nursing skills and
interventions according to specialty competency based skills
checklist. Updates skills. Teaches new skills.
* Intervenes and attempts to resolve patient and family problems by
providing psychosocial and emotional support; contacts other
resources as necessary and documents appropriately.
* Consistently delivers patient care according to the established
plan of care; modifies plan of care in response to actual and
anticipated changes in patient needs.
* Completes an updated OASIS when Significant Changes in Condition
* Recognizes and documents subtle changes in patient's condition,
including complex patient care situations, and follows through with
appropriate nursing action.
* Functions independently and effectively in emergency situations.
Acts as a resource to other members of the health care team.
* Completes documentation according to guidelines and
* Evaluates the outcome of care and revises the plan of care
appropriately to achieve desired outcomes.
* Plans own work and the work of assigned staff in appropriate
priorities and sequences; delegate's tasks as appropriate;
coordinates patient care efforts to be completed during the
designated shift in a timely manner.
* Administers medications and treatments as prescribed, evaluates
patient response and documents appropriately. Anticipates adverse
* Demonstrates professional communication skills.
* Demonstrates therapeutic communication skills when interacting
with patients and families;
* Functions as a patient advocate with other members of the health
* Maintains professional communication skills when interacting with
others; facilitates a harmonious working environment.
* Initiates formal/informal patient care conferences as needed to
coordinate direct patient care efforts and optimize outcomes.
* Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team in care planning and
* Participates in the interdisciplinary team process at team
conference/case conference and other team meeting
* Identifies and intervenes for peer, patient and family education
* Supports unit orientation for new staff members and ancillary
personnel by acting as a preceptor.
* Assists in the assessment of unit educational needs; plans,
develops and presents unit in-service programs.
* Professional development; maintains skills appropriate to
practice and experience.
* Promotes professionalism based on the established scope and
standards of Rehabilitation Nursing Practice and the American
* Participates in team/unit/hospital based committees.
* Participates in staff meetings.
* Consistently recognizes own limitations, seeks resources/
consultation and incorporates suggestions into practice.
* Troubleshoots during equipment malfunction and identifies
appropriate resources as needed.
* Uses equipment and supplies in a cost effective manner and
identifies cost saving measures when providing patient care
* Registered Nurse with a State of Florida license.
* Associate, Bachelors, or Master's degree from an approved school
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
* Hands-on BLS certification.
* All RN's eligible for Clinical II placement must first be a
Clinical Nurse I and must be Clinical Nurse II before Clinical
Nurse III for a minimum of 3 months.
* Exposure to infectious diseases, body excrements, and dirty
wounds. Possibility of physical harm from a combative patient,
physical strain or needle puncture. Maintains confidentiality of
* Adheres to policies and procedures specific to patient
* Maintains a clean and safe environment; identifies and reports
* Maintains BLS certification and assumes responsibility for
maintaining required continuing education and unit specific
* Meets all required mandatory in-services.
* Adheres to policies/procedures specific to universal precautions
when delivering patient care.
* Adheres to policies regarding attendance, conduct, grooming, and
* Promotes a positive image of the hospital to outside agencies and
* Participates in performance improvement activities as needed.
* Exhibits excellent service to patients, visitors, physicians, and
* Exhibits values of the organization.
* Will consider sponsorship. Must have:
* 2 years' applicable experience
* Current Florida Nursing license or evidence of having passed
* English proficiency
Keywords: Brooks Rehabilitation, Jacksonville , Registered Nurse (RN)- Brooks Home Health, Full-Time, Weekends - Home Health, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!