CRNA - Certified RN Anesthetist - Jacksonville, Florida - Anesthesia
Posted on: May 16, 2022
CRNA - Certified RN Anesthetist - Jacksonville, FloridaPURPOSE
AND SCOPE:A Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) in an
advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) who practices both
autonomously and in collaboration with a variety of health
providers on the interprofessional team to deliver high-quality,
holistic, evidence-based anesthesia and pain care services. The
CRNA cares for patients at all acuity levels across the lifespan in
a variety of settings for procedures including, but not limited to,
surgical, obstetrical, diagnostic, therapeutic, and pain
management.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform and document the pre anesthesia assessment and
evaluation of the patient.
- Review, request, and order (as permitted by state law),
- Obtain informed consent for anesthesia and related
- Select, obtain, order, and administer preanesthetic medication
- Develop and implement an anesthesia care plan.
- Select, obtain, prepare, and use equipment, invasive and
non-invasive monitors, supplies, and drugs for the administration
of sedation, anesthesia, and pain management services; perform
safety checks as needed.
- Select, order, obtain, and administer analgesic and anesthetic
agents, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, fluids, necessary to
provide anesthesia services.
- Document a time- based record of events during peri-anesthetic
- Perform all aspects of airway management, including fiberoptic
- Facilitate emergence and recovery from anesthesia by evaluating
patient response, and selecting, ordering, and administering
medications, fluids, and ventilator support to maintain patient
stability during transfer.
- Initiate and administer post-anesthesia pharmacological or
fluid support of the cardiovascular system.
- Initiate and administer respiratory support to ensure adequate
ventilation and oxygenation in the post anesthesia period.
- Evaluate the patient's response to anesthesia and surgery; take
appropriate corrective action post anesthesia.
- Provide post anesthesia follow-up evaluation care
- Discharge the patient from the post anesthesia care unit
- Implement acute and chronic pain management modalities
- Manage emergency situations by assessing, stabilizing, and
determining disposition of patients, including providing airway
management, administration of emergency
- Place and manage regional anesthetic techniques, as delineated
by his or her clinical privileges or granted special privileges.
- Insert and manage peripheral, arterial, pulmonary catheter, or
central venous lines and catheters.
- Provide patient and caregiver education.
- Consult with respiratory care providers and Implement
respiratory and ventilator care when appropriate.--
- Supports patient safety when performing his or her job
functions and through participation in facility, department, or
unit patient safety initiatives.
- Takes action to correct observed risks to patient safety.
- Reports adverse events and near misses to appropriate
- Identifies possible risks in processes, procedures, devices and
communicates the same to those in charge.
- Using an interdisciplinary approach, including consultation or
referral to another clinician, as appropriate.
- Perform advanced and interventional pain management using
drugs, regional anesthetic techniques, or other accepted pain
relief modalities with or without fluoroscopic guidance.
- Utilize ultrasound, fluoroscopy, as appropriate.--
- Participates in center quality meetings, medical executive
meetings and other management meetings upon request from the
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all
applicable company policies and procedures, local state and federal
laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job.-- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/ materials and
radiation. May be required to wear protective gear in procedure
rooms for extended periods of time.-- Majority of the time spent on
feet, may require lifting, and positioning of patients. Position
Requires ability to lift objects heavier than 50 pounds.
- Travels between locations primarily during the business day,
although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be
- This position may require approximately 10- 15%
- NoneEDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited
by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational
Programs or its predecessor.
- Current Appropriate State Licensure and complies with any
applicable state statutory and regulatory requirements concerning
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Is currently certified or recertified by the National Board of
Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists.
- Insurable by an appropriate medical malpractice insurer for the
limits required by this institution or state. EXPERIENCE AND
- 8 - 12 years' related experience or an equivalent combination
of education and experience
- 5 years CRNA experience preferred
- Ability to perform clinically as a nurse anesthetist in the
facility setting on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate, use, and interpret data from a wide variety
of equipment to perform anesthesia care as well as necessary
perioperative or operating room care to support the safety and
wellbeing of the patient while they are under the direct care of
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required
to effectively collaborate with various clinical staff and other
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth
and development over the life span and ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his or her
population-specific and age specific needs.
- Knowledge of infection prevention and control techniques.
- Ability to maintain confidential records.
- Ability to implement and adhere to facility policies and
Identity---- Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a
drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Jacksonville , CRNA - Certified RN Anesthetist - Jacksonville, Florida - Anesthesia, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!