Company: Skylight Health Group
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionTitle: Medical Assistant FLSA Status: Full Time /
Non-Exempt Reports to: Practice Manager Pay Type: Hourly Pay Range:
$14.50 - $18.00, depending on education and experience Pay
Frequency: Bi-Weekly Skylight Health Group: We believe that
affordable care should be delivered the way it used to be – highly
accessible with uncompromising quality. We are a multi-specialty
provider that strives to deliver integrated medical services with
compassion and care. Job Description: Medical Assistants assist
providers in the delivery of urgent and/or primary care healthcare,
medical office administration and patient care management. They
perform a variety of duties related to patient's intake,
assessment, treatment, reevaluation, and discharge and interact
with contacts from employer clients and multiple departments within
the organization. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:Patient
- Assist patients as necessary, maintaining awareness of their
comfort and needs.
- Take vital signs and other patient information to detect
deviations from normal.
- Enter vitals into EMR accurately.
- Document medical history and physical assessment of
- Ensure patient flow is timely and organized, prioritizing
- Explain prescribed procedures and treatments to patients.
- Prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment and
examination of patient.
- Draw blood using age-appropriate technique, observing
principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
- Collect specimen from the patient utilizing the approved
equipment, sequence, and procedure.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing techniques.
- Ensure patient immunizations are appropriate, well documented
and administered using approved nursing techniques.
- Observe patient, record significant conditions and reactions,
and notify supervisor or physician of patient's condition and
reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Discharge patients accurately and timely by collecting
balances, providing patient documentation, and following discharge
- Respond to all patient messages, document conversations in
electronic medical records system.
- Conduct physician referrals as well as service
pre-certifications on an as needed basis.
- Ensure patient health information is protected according to
- Respond to life saving situations based upon Medical Assistant
scope of practice, and company policies, procedures, and protocol.
Screening / Laboratory:
- Perform laboratory tests according to written
- Ensure all ordered tests are performed accurately and in a
- Properly start lab equipment daily; Perform maintenance on
equipment as scheduled.
- Perform all drug screening/breath alcohol testing procedures in
accordance with established rules and regulations.
- Maintain daily log; document all requests and results of lab
- Perform daily quality control and cleaning procedures according
- Order and stock supplies weekly.
- Respond to all lab messages and call back requests; share
responsibility of call back sheets.
- Utilize lab software (interface queue), as well as any lab
equipment according to the proper procedure and instruction.Office
/ Front Desk:
- Assist front office as necessary greeting and registering
patients, obtaining/scanning required signed paperwork, obtaining
copies of insurance and identification cards, verifying insurance
and collecting/recording payments accurately.
- Ensure returning patients' demographics and insurance are
correct and HIPAA acknowledgement has been signed within the past
- Follow company procedures related to workers' compensation and
occupational medicine patients.
- Answer phone calls in a professional manner within three
- Respond promptly to customer needs, provide excellent customer
- Prepare rooms; sterilize instruments, equipment, and supplies
- Ensure work area is neat and clean, fully stocked and all
laundry items have been laundered and put away.
- Manage difficult and emotional customer situations.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and
pleasant work environment.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Regular attendance/timeliness to ensure efficient clinic
- Treat people with respect, inspire trust of others, work with
integrity, uphold organizational values.
- Adapt to change in work environment, manage competing
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Education and
- High School diploma or equivalent, required.
- Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college
or technical school.
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification.
- Six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- One to two years working in a fast-paced healthcare
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and medical practice to
assist in giving patient care Supervisory Responsibility None.
Physical Demands / Work Environment The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Bloodborne pathogen: A – Works in a clean, well-lighted, smoke
- Bloodborne pathogen: B – If involved in clinical contact.
- Fast-paced clinic/office work environment.
- Working hours vary, with flexibility due to unexpected changes
in schedule and emergencies.
- Requires occasional travel, including overnight travel and
weekend and/or evening work.
- Presentation of technical material in group settings required
- Mid to high-level stress.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time (occasionally).
- Requires frequent walking primarily on a level surface
throughout the workday.
- Requires reaching continually throughout the workday (mouse,
- May be required to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 50
pounds for files/equipment on a regular basis. Proper lifting
techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Work Hours: Typical schedules include Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm. Travel: Some travel to other locations when
necessary. EEO Statement: Skylight health is an equal opportunity
employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability,
pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran
status, or any other status that is protected by federal, state and
/ or local laws. If you are based in California, we encourage you
to read this important information for California residents linked
Keywords: Skylight Health Group, Jacksonville , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!