Company: Idea Recruitment
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionA professional multi-skilled person dedicated to
assisting in all aspects of medical practice including
administrative and clinical procedures under the direct supervision
and responsibility of a licensed physician. In accordance with
Florida State Regulations, a Medical Assistant can perform the
following duties under the direct supervision and responsibility of
a licensed physician
- The essential functions are the primary dimensions for
- Maintain patient privacy.
- Perform aseptic procedures.
- Take patient's vital signs.
- Prepare patients for the provider's care.
- Perform venipunctures and administer routine, non-controlled
- Correctly document all entries in the medical record, either
electronic or hard copy, to include signature, date and time.
- Perform all assigned electronic medical record functions, to
include responding to and handling Allscripts tasks, as
- Administer medication as directed by and under the direct
supervision of licensed physician.
- Observe and report patients' signs or symptoms.
- Administer basic first aid.
- Assist with patient examinations or treatments.
- Operate office medical equipment.
- Collect routine laboratory specimens as directed by the
- Perform basic laboratory procedures.
- Clerical Duties: Depending on Department/Clinic needs, duties
may occasionally include: scheduling patient appointments,
obtaining necessary signatures and documentation as well as
appropriate demographic and financial information, maintain medical
records, announce the arrival of patients, answer incoming
telephone calls, serve as liaison between patients, nurses,
physicians and others, and provide excellent customer service.
- Use computer software systems, such as Electronic Medical
Record, Medical Necessity, Ancillary Test Results, etc. Secondary
Adhere to all regulatory requirements such as JCAHO, CLIA, HIPAA,
- Must be able to perform under stress when confronted with
emergency, critical, or unusual situations.
- Must be capable of dealing with periodic cyclical workload
pressures and levels of responsibility.
- Required to make independent judgments without
- Must be able to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions
based on sensory or judgmental criteria.
- Must have the adaptability to perform a variety of duties,
often changing from one task to another of a different nature
without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Requires the ability to work with people beyond giving and
receiving instructions. Skills
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of ambulatory health care or related health care
- Skilled in conflict resolution.
- Must be detail oriented; Basic computer literacy and arithmetic
- Basic clinical competencies.ExperiencePrefer at least one-year
Medical Assistant experience.
Keywords: Idea Recruitment, Jacksonville , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!